Critical Role Mighty Nien heads to Amazon Prime!

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I own Explorer's Guide to Wildemount and watched Jester themed cosplay music videos by Ginny Di, but never watched the campaign, so I'm going into this with fresh eyes.
The Wildemount book is set just before the Mighty Nein start making waves thst would register in the history books, so it's designed to not need any knowledge of the campaign's events.

OB1

Jedi Master
I'm very curious to see if D&D IP appears in the series. Wildemount IS officially supported by WotC, unlike Tal'Dorei, but Amazon will probably want to keep them separate.
It won't. CR is deliberately keeping it's IP separate from D&D IP (and also from Open Gaming Licenses). Even in the Wildmount book, CR retains all rights to it's IP (unlike FR or Ebberon).

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
Who knows what they will actually do going forward, but I would be very surprised if CR wasn't being courted by everyone from Paizo to GR to Kobold to switch systems.
I was going to write that only Hasbro/WotC can offer a sufficient dowrey to court CR, but after two D&D campaigns getting made into animated series, it might be smart to freshen things up with a non D&D-inspired fantasy story. I would think they could pull off a good Star Finder live play and build that into a series. Especially if they bring in additional talent to help Mercer with the world and adventure building work.

In any event, I've been really enjoying Vox Machina on Amazon Prime, especially the second season. I didn't watch much of the live stream, so I'm able to enjoy it on its own merits.

I did watch the first season of The Mighty Nein and am excited to see Jester and Nott on the on-screen.

It won't. CR is deliberately keeping it's IP separate from D&D IP (and also from Open Gaming Licenses). Even in the Wildmount book, CR retains all rights to it's IP (unlike FR or Ebberon).

The difference is The Mighty Nein uses more WotC stuff like Tieflings then Vox, so it might complicate things.

The Wildemount book is set just before the Mighty Nein start making waves thst would register in the history books, so it's designed to not need any knowledge of the campaign's events.
Even after the campaign the Mighty Nein are essentially unknowns, with only a few people in positions of power knowing what they did. Contrast this with Vox Machina, who got public recognition early on in their career that only kept building.

Remove ads