Mike Mearls' D&D AMA Summary: Rangers, Initiative, WotC Staff Levels, Fave Pizza

I'm really glad he can't have his way without a new editor on some of those regrets/things that big him. Bonus actions are good design. The idea of scaling back Druids to half casters or lower is just bad. Warlock boons and Patrons should be separate. His idea would be less good than the current very good design. Beast masters are fine with the revised ranger. I'd love a full pet class...

I'm really glad he can't have his way without a new editor on some of those regrets/things that big him. Bonus actions are good design.

The idea of scaling back Druids to half casters or lower is just bad.

Warlock boons and Patrons should be separate. His idea would be less good than the current very good design.

Beast masters are fine with the revised ranger. I'd love a full pet class that can be a beast master, a sha'ir, a binder, or something like the final fantasy 9 style Eidolon summoner, but as a pet having ranger, the BM is great. Especially now that the base class supports having less powerful animal allies, as well.

Odunayo

Villager
I was one who used to pummel Mearls' name because of how D&D became locked into a certain corporate model. My threads would get locked down because of the uproar...

Remove ads

Remove ads