Mike Schley's Strahd Cartography

Now that Curse of Strahd has been officially released, cartographer Mike Schely has - as always - made his maps for the adventure available from his store. He's done a lot of work for this adventure - over two dozen full-colour maps - and come in digital DM and Player versions. you can buy the whole lot in one bundle for $30. It's a great way to support the artist, and it's great that WotC allows artists to sell the maps directly. Find the full selection here.

Screen Shot 2016-03-04 at 12.39.34.png

Screen Shot 2016-03-04 at 12.40.44.png

Screen Shot 2016-03-04 at 12.41.33.png

shadowdemon

First Post
Although i have not purchased Curse of Strahd yet,some of those maps seem very similar to what was in Expedition to castle ravenloft from 3.5 (still sweet though)

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Although i have not purchased Curse of Strahd yet,some of those maps seem very similar to what was in Expedition to castle ravenloft from 3.5 (still sweet though)

It says at the very front of the book that some material in CoS was provided or inspired from Expedition, as well as several other sources. If you happen to own the Fair Barovia module from 4E Dungeon, you'll see the map of Vallaki in CoS is almost exactly the same as the one in the article. Chris basically took a look at all the various Barovia sources of information already created previously and combined and adapted them to create the sandbox valley.

G

Guest 6801328

This thread should start with a big spoiler alert for anybody planning to play in the Curse of Strahd campaign.

shadowdemon

First Post
Very nice. I'll be buying the book wednesday so i'll be able to read it. Ravenloft,you just can't go wrong. Hopefully WOTC releases a barovia campaign book like scag.It would be great to run ravenloft again.

evilbob

Explorer
Can anyone who owns the copies you can buy on the website ( [MENTION=6790058]EthanSental[/MENTION] ) describe what "players version" and "DM version" means? Does it mean they don't have all the numbered areas and all that? Also, how much different are these maps from the giant pull-out in the back of the book (other than digital and resizable)?

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases