• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Military based D20 game

Mr. T

First Post
This game (d20th century) will be designed to attempt to replicate the modern military experiance. For example: guns will be very deadly, psycological aspects will be included, and lots of vehicles. Anyone who has miitary or police experiance will be appreciated for their insight. If they post. The designers (me & someone else who hasn't registered yet) of the game need peoples millitary experiance because neither of us can drive, much less get into a fire fight.

dpmcalister

Explorer
You could also take a look at the Spycraft militaries series, U.S. Militaries, World Militaries, and Battlegrounds (the latter isn't yet released).

DMScott

First Post
Other good sources are the "Real Life Roleplaying" products by Holistic Design (www.holistic-design.com). I own Columbia d20 and Somalia d20, and both are aimed at different aspects of the military - Columbia focuses on guerilla warfare, Somalia on special forces. Also available are Afghanistan d20 and FBI d20 (the latter obviously doesn't have as much to do with the military aspect).

JPL

Adventurer
Mr. T said:
This game (d20th century) will be designed to attempt to replicate the modern military experiance. For example: guns will be very deadly, psycological aspects will be included, and lots of vehicles. Anyone who has miitary or police experiance will be appreciated for their insight. If they post. The designers (me & someone else who hasn't registered yet) of the game need peoples millitary experiance because neither of us can drive, much less get into a fire fight.

Please take this in the spirit in which it is written: Proofread your posts.

When a game designer posts on these boards, it's a press release, whether you realize it or not. When you misspell "experience" three times in a row, it does not bolster your credibility as a writer.

Having said that...Tom Clancy has some good non-fiction books about Special Ops and other aspects of the military.

And "Blood and Guts" is really quite good. That's your competition.

Good luck.

broghammerj

Explorer
neither of us can drive, much less get into a fire fight.

JPL, you might have been a little too hard on Mr. T. Don't "pitty the fool" and his spelling as it appears that he is too young to drive. Take it easy ;)

Mr. T

First Post
Thanks for the sugestions

Thank you to everyone who contributed. Also, the reason I post things is so that I don't have to hear my english teacher yelling at me for spelling things wrong.

Heck, I'm only 13.

talien

Community Supporter
Mr. T said:
Thank you to everyone who contributed. Also, the reason I post things is so that I don't have to hear my english teacher yelling at me for spelling things wrong.

Heck, I'm only 13.
You're ah...not going to actually try to run a publishing company, are you?

When you said "game" you meant a D20 Modern campaign that you're going to play in, not a published supplement...right?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads