• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Mind your Manors: A tool for managing your fief

Capn Charlie

Explorer
My campaign has recently taken a more feudal turn, and I dusted off my old resources and polished up my manor managing excel sheet. This is pulled heavily from expeditious retreats magical medieval work, with tweaks and automation. I figured someone else might have use of this, and put it up here for people to play with.

http://www.enworld.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=74933&stc=1&d=1456442773

Example:
Sir Kerrick, recently knighted along with the rest of his party, for slaying an invading warband of orcs, has been gifted with a fief on the very frontier he was defending. There are 100 acres of arable land, of which a fifth is set aside for raising hardy cattle for meat and milk, as well as another 38 of forest. His fief contains an iron mine, though its output is far from impressive. Sir Kerrick, when he came to power, forgave all the debts of his new subjects, and made them all free men and landholders under his rule, which is fair, which combined with his modest +1 charisma bonus makes the morale of his people quite high at +4. He has brought under his service three armed guards that he befriended while hunting goblins in the sewers of the capital at the beginning of his career, as well as a personal barber to keep his magnificent mustache properly groomed, and besides, he owes the man a debt since his home and shop were accidentally set alight during a fight with a tiny but angry fire elemental in a previous adventure.

Sir Kerrick has a number of smiths to work the iron from the mine, and has plans to construct a trading post to capitalize on his position as a safe village in the north, and begin trading his iron and weapons for better prices. It will cost 5,000 gp to build what he wants, and he has set aside 1,000 gp per year towards this cost, so it shall take 5 years to complete. After his construction Sir Kerrick is still left with 1359 gp per year, even after his own upkeep and that of his family. He could use it to rush his construction, but would rather have a source of ready coin for other purposes.

manor1.pngmanor2.png

Instructions:
Fill in pink areas, and it does the rest. Many fields have tooltips and there are a lot of dropdown toggles. Temperte regions have better farmland, and more developed areas support larger populations. Forestry supposes sustainable harvests and while it is possible to clear cut, this is inadvisable and requires editing the blue boxes appropriately.

You can totally break it by messing with formulas in blue boxes or the variable tables on the given page. It was made in excel 2013 and might not work on older systems and other platforms.

Attachments

• mind your manor.xlsx
    77.8 KB · Views: 571
Last edited:

Kreinas

First Post
Wow, excellent spreadsheet! My playgroup is meeting in an hour with the intent of setting up a keep using our combines adventuring gold, and this simplifies the process of determining hireling costs quite well!

Capn Charlie

Explorer
Let me know how it turns out! But keep in mind, this is more designed to model feudal income and obligations, with helpful pie charts so you know much you are squeezing from your peasants!

Capn Charlie

Explorer
Glad you like it! If you have any questions or comments about operation, let me know, its just something I originally cobbled together for myself so there's a lot of inefficient junk in there that I might have missed.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads