• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Level Up (A5E) Mini Feats.

p_johnston

Adventurer
So one of the things I implemented in my game to make things more fun was a feat system more like 3.5/pathfinder. The basic idea is that instead of choosing between an ability score increase or a feat a player can get both.
1) Whenever a character gains a feat they gain a +1 to any one ability score they desire.
2) each character gains one feat at level one.
3) variant humans gain an additional feat at level one.
4) at every even numbered level in a class the character will gain one feat.
5) fighters will gain two extra feats at level 6 & 14. Rogues will gain two extra feats at level 10.
6) Some Feats have a minimum level requirement or require other feats before you can get them.

I then proceeded to make up a list of custom small feats drawing inspiration from a variety of sources (5e feats, 5e starwars, pathfinder, unearthed arcana, my players, etc).

It tends to make the PC's more powerful overall (which I never mind because I tend to run things on the hard side encounter wise) and also allows people more freedom to try various unique builds.

My players seem to enjoy it and I have yet to encounter anything to broken (or at least anything that breaks the game more than feats already did). So anyone who wants to try them out/give input feel free.

Attachments

• Feats alphabetical.pdf
    104.1 KB · Views: 307
  • Feats Categorical.pdf
    108 KB · Views: 255

Remove ads