• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Miniatures Forum? Please vote!

Should there be a miniatures discussion forum in EN World?

• Yes!

Votes: 79 64.2%
  • No!

Votes: 44 35.8%

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Upper_Krust said:
Hi all! :)

I will reiterate my initial post in this thread - a point echoed by Umbran; hello mate! :)

Creative Mountain Games already has a Miniatures Forum. Surely it would be possible for ENWorld to have a direct link to it on the Forums front page!?

That way we kill three birds with one stone: we get a miniatures Forum here, it shouldn't tax Morrus too much, and Mark gets the increased traffic that his site deserves.

I have already emailed Mark about the idea (obviously it will be up to him and Russ) - I imagine we will hear something from him a little later?

I think a dedicated Miniatures Forum is a great idea and will present a very useful resource of information; links and photos - and even if the amount of posting is not 'overwhelming' it would still be worthwhile.

Howdy Krusty!

I appreciate the sentiment but jumping from site to site doesn't seem like a good way to go. I generally just use my own minis forum to be a scrap book of projects I've taken up. It's also a good place fo me to share links I've stumbled across. It's very useful for that sort of thing. (Everyone should get one! ;) )

But as a central location for everyone from EN World to use as a minis forum, my own boards would be a poor choice, I fear. It means linking, registering with yet another board, trying to remember another password, keeping track of more screennames if people don't use the same one as here.

My two cents is to set up a new forum here or keep using the general board.

It might be easier to find a minis thread when you are in the mood to see them with a dedicated forum. If you set up a new forum for minis, though, the threads will get a lot less traffic than when on the General Forum. To be honest I hardly have even looked at the Sci/Fi Fantasy-Movies/TV Forum since it was weaned from the Gen-Board teat.

(Not sure what that means, just wanted to see if "teat" would get by the filters... Teat, teat, teat... ;) )

I'd sugegst using a {Minis} tag on threads for a while and see how well they do overall.

Mark said:
Howdy Krusty!

Hi Mark mate! :)

Hope everythings going well with the writing?

Mark said:
I appreciate the sentiment but jumping from site to site doesn't seem like a good way to go. I generally just use my own minis forum to be a scrap book of projects I've taken up. It's also a good place fo me to share links I've stumbled across. It's very useful for that sort of thing. (Everyone should get one! ;) )

I hope to soon. :)

Mark said:
But as a central location for everyone from EN World to use as a minis forum, my own boards would be a poor choice, I fear. It means linking, registering with yet another board, trying to remember another password, keeping track of more screennames if people don't use the same one as here.

You know more about it than me - I thought there may have been a simple process; guess not!

Mark said:
My two cents is to set up a new forum here or keep using the general board.

It might be easier to find a minis thread when you are in the mood to see them with a dedicated forum. If you set up a new forum for minis, though, the threads will get a lot less traffic than when on the General Forum. To be honest I hardly have even looked at the Sci/Fi Fantasy-Movies/TV Forum since it was weaned from the Gen-Board teat.

(Not sure what that means, just wanted to see if "teat" would get by the filters... Teat, teat, teat... ;) )

I'd suggest using a {Minis} tag on threads for a while and see how well they do overall.

I wonder how many votes to this thread constitutes enough interest?

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Upper_Krust said:

While I think the support in this thread is important, it might be worthwhile to look over the last week and create a list of links to the threads about minis. Place them in the first post to something called "The Big List of Minis Threads Links" and update it once a week for a month or two. It would give a pretty good picture of whether or not a dedicated foeum is needed but also serve as a quick way for minis forum supposters to find the threads they crave. *shrug*

S'mon

Legend
Upper_Krust said:

Hi Craig - you've seen that Nutkinland post I spotted yesterday? :)

Re number of votes - I've asked Morrus this. Apparently it needs a high proportion of in-favour votes (I'm guessing maybe as high as 2:1) as well as lots of votes total. He thinks this thread isn't conclusive evidence for a minis forum (yet).

Crypt King

First Post
I could go for a mini forum, I know I'm always looking for better techniques, mini creation, basing and all that.

Since the RoTToEE boxed set never came out, I have to look for a grell mini, or how to make on. That type of stuff would be of high interest.

Hi Simon! :)

S'mon said:
Hi Craig - you've seen that Nutkinland post I spotted yesterday? :)

Yes! It was pretty funny - I posted a link in the IH thread in the House Rules forum.

S'mon said:
Re number of votes - I've asked Morrus this. Apparently it needs a high proportion of in-favour votes (I'm guessing maybe as high as 2:1) as well as lots of votes total. He thinks this thread isn't conclusive evidence for a minis forum (yet).

Well Russ is the guv'nor - so if hes not yet sure thats good enough for me. At least he considered and gave a straight answer.

I still think it will happen at some date in the future.

Perhaps if Chainmail had been more of a success, things would have snowballed?

Re: ho wis this for a reason?

Sodalis said:
edit:just to add- These are the most magnificently painted minis I have ever seen in my life. Especially the entry #3- Razheem the Incensed. Beautiful...

By the gods, don't order from New Wave! Recent threads, past history, and the entire minidealerdiscussion Yahoo group strongly imply that you are better off ordering from anywhere else on the planet.

Use their site to find good stuff, and order elsewhere. Despite any claims by NW, you can usually find the same stuff through other distributors.

Remove ads