Level Up (A5E) Minimalist character sheet mockup

niklinna

Snickers satisfies!
I used your V1 base to adjust them to A4 for my group (printing letter format would result in lots of wasted space).
Are you on a mac? I created these in OmniGraffle Pro if you want to edit for A4.
Tightening up the white spaces in-between boxes just a little and the slightly longer format (albeit less in width) gave me more space to work with and I managed to squeeze destiny stuff back onto the front page. I also added an inspiration tracker next to the hit dice counter instead of the conditions, because I felt they could do just fine sized the same as the hit points boxes. Based on feedback from my party, we also moved the cash counters to the top of the inventory page.
The version I just posted has an inspiration tracker. :) Please post your changed version so I can see what you did, and maybe update my file.(When I can recover my files; my computer died and is now in the shop! 😦 I am working from a backup machine.)

I was thinking about putting cash up top, I think I will do that.

Otherwise they love it and thank you for your work :D
You're welcome! I am still tweaking but I think they are looking good.

Masha

Villager
Are you on a mac? I created these in OmniGraffle Pro if you want to edit for A4.
The version I just posted has an inspiration tracker. :) Please post your changed version so I can see what you did, and maybe update my file.(When I can recover my files; my computer died and is now in the shop! 😦 I am working from a backup machine.)
Already updated my sheets! :) I'm on Pc, I just use Gimp to move things around like a puzzle.
I love the addition of the logo and the slightly darker grey, makes it pop a little more visually!

A change some might find odd is the addition of the Combat Traditions etc block to the Stats page... I ended up with some space and figured in a way they are similar to proficiencies. And funnily enough I had sorted the Followers/Strongholds vertically already, that was also a request, vertical note space was more appreciated than horizontal. I made the abilities window of those a bit bigger, in order to allow for any additional notes. (As you can tell, my guys like note space :LOL:)
One more minor change was making sure to keep the Maneuver Save DC/Exertion blocks on all three Feature sheets in the same spot and the feature/spell tables start from the bottom of the page for visual consistency. Not 100% happy with squeezing the spell points chart into the 2 caster sheet but it's 4 am and I have something in my eye that doesn't want to get out.

Attachments

• 1 Stats+Skills A4 V2.jpg
    1 Stats+Skills A4 V2.jpg
    767.6 KB · Views: 76
  • 2 RP-Info A4 V2.jpg
    2 RP-Info A4 V2.jpg
    372 KB · Views: 77
  • 3 Equipment+Treasure A4 V2.jpg
    3 Equipment+Treasure A4 V2.jpg
    446.2 KB · Views: 74
  • 3 Features-Martial A4 V2.jpg
    3 Features-Martial A4 V2.jpg
    621.6 KB · Views: 70
  • 4 Features-Caster A4 V2.jpg
    4 Features-Caster A4 V2.jpg
    675.9 KB · Views: 79
  • 5 Features-2Caster A4 V2.jpg
    5 Features-2Caster A4 V2.jpg
    723 KB · Views: 83

niklinna

Snickers satisfies!
Thanks for those! My computer is in the shop and my fingers are crossed. These sheets didn't make it onto my backup disk, and when I restored my backup to a spare machine, the backup disk itself got hosed! 😠 (Thanks, Apple.) I should know tomorrow morning if all is well (it's the battery that died so I'm feeling hopeful the drive can at least be removed and put in my spare machine).

Masha

Villager
Thanks for those! My computer is in the shop and my fingers are crossed. These sheets didn't make it onto my backup disk, and when I restored my backup to a spare machine, the backup disk itself got hosed! 😠 (Thanks, Apple.) I should know tomorrow morning if all is well (it's the battery that died so I'm feeling hopeful the drive can at least be removed and put in my spare machine).
I hope for the best :confused: I've been playing with the idea of counting Expertise dice via a 3 box set like death saves. (for d4, d6 or d8) here's a rough mock-up.
Also sat down and made some lvl20 characters with my group as practice (in the sense of cramming maximum amount of stuff onto the sheets) and to gauge how they feel with the sheets overall. Some of them miss the separate window for Exploration and Social Knacks from the official sheet, so I might end up trying to incorporate that back in somehow.

Attachments

• 1 Stats+Skills A4 V2B.jpg
    1 Stats+Skills A4 V2B.jpg
    795.5 KB · Views: 62

Vexxmyst

Villager
I hope for the best :confused: I've been playing with the idea of counting Expertise dice via a 3 box set like death saves. (for d4, d6 or d8) here's a rough mock-up.
Also sat down and made some lvl20 characters with my group as practice (in the sense of cramming maximum amount of stuff onto the sheets) and to gauge how they feel with the sheets overall. Some of them miss the separate window for Exploration and Social Knacks from the official sheet, so I might end up trying to incorporate that back in somehow.
Rogues can get d10s and d12s for their expertise, so this one is a bit limiting.

Masha

Villager
Rogues can get d10s and d12s for their expertise, so this one is a bit limiting.
None of us was interested in Rogues so we haven't looked at them in depth, good to know. But horizontally there's space for that :unsure:
Also considering a tracker somewhere for Prestige. Got someone who is keen on the Vigilante Synergy Tree.

niklinna

Snickers satisfies!
I think just writing in the die size is clearer. :)
Easy enough to make a separate sheet for those, I'll get on it when my computer is fixed. (I hope!) But, I figured the freeform big sheet allowed players to organize things however they like—grouping by activation or name, or whether the feature is for combat, exploration, or social.

I have noted in reading the first four classes now that everybody gets features with save DCs based on abilities! I'm going to see if I can cram those into the ability boxes with Score, Mod, and Save. It's getting crowded in there.

Vexxmyst

Villager
So... I decided to make my own sheet from scratch, since I feel like there's a lot of dead space that could be used more efficiently here.
It's compact enough that I have dead space of my own trying to figure out what else I can fit in the center after Supply's added; probably going to be language and weapon proficiencies.

Attachments

• Character Sheet WIP.png
    Character Sheet WIP.png
    424.8 KB · Views: 67

Vexxmyst

Villager
Update time-
I've more or less finished the first page of my character sheet; and I feel now is a proper time to detail some of my additions compared to niklinna and Masha's sheets:
  • A more compact view.
  • AC has multiple fields to cover armored/unarmored/shield-bearing armor classes, along with a custom field for Shield, Defensive weapons or Dual-Wielding Expert.
  • Initiative section added.
  • Death Saves 'flattened', and Exhaustion fixed (A5e has 7 levels).
  • Every condition is listed with checkboxes for ease of use.
  • Investigation is added to the passives, as well as expanded notes on passive calculation.
  • Burrow and Hover added to movement.
  • Tool proficiencies split from skill list; they don't follow the rules of skills, after all.
  • Features and Exploration Knacks fields added.
I couldn't find a purpose for the space right of Charisma, so unfortunately it is blank for now; any suggestions are appreciated!

Attachments

• Character Sheet WIP.png
    Character Sheet WIP.png
    861.2 KB · Views: 91

Update time-
I've more or less finished the first page of my character sheet; and I feel now is a proper time to detail some of my additions compared to niklinna and Masha's sheets:
  • A more compact view.
  • AC has multiple fields to cover armored/unarmored/shield-bearing armor classes, along with a custom field for Shield, Defensive weapons or Dual-Wielding Expert.
  • Investigation is added to the passives, as well as expanded notes on passive calculation.
  • Tool proficiencies split from skill list; they don't follow the rules of skills, after all.
I couldn't find a purpose for the space right of Charisma, so unfortunately it is blank for now; any suggestions are appreciated!
Nice! Under attacks & spellcasting, the Att Bonus heading could be Att Bonus / Save DC, or something like that eg Fireball might have "Dex 13" if your spell save DC is 13. Not sure how you'd fit that in, sorry!

Very minor design note: I think the tool proficiencies box would look better if it was the same size as armor to the left of it. Similarly with Features and Knacks, although I can see why you'd want more space for the former.

Nothing jumps out for the blank space I'm afraid. You also have blank space at the top left, is there a reason for that?

Vexxmyst

Villager
Nice! Under attacks & spellcasting, the Att Bonus heading could be Att Bonus / Save DC, or something like that eg Fireball might have "Dex 13" if your spell save DC is 13. Not sure how you'd fit that in, sorry!
That is a great idea that I hadn't considered (despite the other minimalist sheets including it, yes); I think I'll word it as 'DC / Bonus' if I can't increase the field to fit the full text in.
Very minor design note: I think the tool proficiencies box would look better if it was the same size as armor to the left of it. Similarly with Features and Knacks, although I can see why you'd want more space for the former.
I have two reasons for that design choice. First is that tool proficiencies were originally appended to the skills section as seen in my first picture, and I wanted to draw the eye between it and skills more than the other proficiencies due to their use as a specialty; second is that with the amount of tool proficiencies you can gain, it needs that extra space. Armor is pretty much capped at "Light/Med/Heavy Armor, Shield" while tools include trade tools, tool kits, instruments, gaming sets... I originally had the latter two in a separate box than the tool profs with languages on a third row running the full width, but after review I realized I couldn't separate it like that.
I check each text box with relevant text to make sure the space is generous, and in the case of Tool Proficiencies I used my O5e rogue's tool profs with six proficiencies, along with three instruments to accommodate bard hypotheticals. The result was an overflow unless extra space was made.

Similar in design is the factor of features/knacks, since I don't personally see elaboration of knacks on your sheet as necessary as features/traits. A knack is less likely to come up in combat, so you would have more time to refer to the book if you needed to whereas you don't want to disrupt things by looking up a feature mid-combat.
You also have blank space at the top left, is there a reason for that?
LU logo space, I haven't focused on that until I have things in a state of completion.
Might I suggest when the are finished you add them to the downloads section so it’s easy for other folks to find them?
Definitely! I wasn't aware a section like that existed, actually; once I finish the other two projected pages and convert to a form fill PDF, I'll post there.
Also while I have you here, is the logo in the official sheet for derivative use, or should I used the 'powered by' one as used by the other sheets?

niklinna

Snickers satisfies!
Might I suggest when the are finished you add them to the downloads section so it’s easy for other folks to find them?
Good idea! I'm busy reading through the AG to make sure I know everything that needs to be on the sheets before I resume work on them. Once I've done that I will incorporate feedback and such.

Masha

Villager
Update time-
  • A more compact view.
Haven't checked in in a while cause RL happened but one suggestion for that remaining empty space would be for the Manuever DC / Exertion counter, since that is definitely universal and also useful for some of the basic maneuvers that likely won't be noted down as a feature.
Another option would be trying to work in a window for resistances similar to the Defense tab in the DDB sheets. And, seeing as for example helmets give not full resistance but expertise die to certain conditions it might be worth considering an expertise column like you did with the skills.

gamemasterbob

Explorer
Update time-
  • A more compact view.
This is looking like a good start for a one page non spell caster. Nice.

gamemasterbob

Explorer
Well, were it O5e I'd agree, but with Combat Maneuvers it's going to have to be at least a 2-page regardless of class.
Very true. It looks like it’s gonna be a two page - at least. I’m OK with that. I could print front and back. Most of us can. But we definitely need a character sheet for THIS game.

An Advertisement

Advertisement4