Level Up (A5E) Minimalist character sheet mockup

niklinna

satisfied?
Some things:
  • The bit about Initiative contains no actionable info, so I think I'm going to delete it.
  • Is there a multiclass build or other situation that would involve needing to record maneuver DCs based on both Strength and Dexterity?
  • If I put Spell Attack & Save DC on the main sheet, is it worth having two sets for multiclassers who take classes with different spellcasting abilities?
  • I might unify the features + maneuvers table for maximum flexibility, even though the Exertion column wouldn't be used for many entries.
  • Resource tracking usually counts down to zero (HP, exertion, supply, spell points)—except for spells, which are tracked by number of slots expended per level. Do you find this confusing, or would you find it confusing if I changed spell slot tracking to be "current" and "maximum"? (Notably, spells slots of a level are often very low in number compared to all the other resources and likely more commonly tracked via tick marks than writing digits.)

niklinna

satisfied?
Here's how they look now. I picked a font from what I have that's kinda fun. Note there are several different unified sheets of maneuvers/spells/other features depending on which kinds you have.

1 - stats + skills.jpg2 - caster (2) + martial.jpg3 - caster (1) + martial.jpg4 - points caster.jpg5 - maneuvers only.jpg6 - gear + loot.jpg7 - rp stuff.jpg

Last edited:

niklinna

satisfied?
I'm gonna be Miss Greedy Pants here and ask if you're going to do them as form fillable.
I've considered it, but I have never made a form-fillable PDF before and I hear the process is...rather painful. (I did submit a feature request to the makers of OmniGraffle so it can export directly as such, since all those boxes and whatnot are essentially text fields in the app.)

If this turns out to be not totally horrible to do I will see about doing it.

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
I've considered it, but I have never made a form-fillable PDF before and I hear the process is...rather painful. (I did submit a feature request to the makers of OmniGraffle so it can export directly as such, since all those boxes and whatnot are essentially text fields in the app.)

If this turns out to be not totally horrible to do I will see about doing it.
It's not too bad of a process depending on what editor you are using. Yes they are basically text boxes though so adding lots of them can be tedious unless you are building the pdf with a script & that requires some coding knowledge
Edit: I use an older version of pdf-x change from back before they followed Adobe with yearly licensing fees &find it works well both as editor as well as pdf viewer

niklinna

satisfied?
It's not too bad of a process depending on what editor you are using. Yes they are basically text boxes though so adding lots of them can be tedious unless you are building the pdf with a script & that requires some coding knowledge
Well I am just printing to PDF direct from OmniGraffle. But now that I've done the layout in a WYSIWYG app, turning this into a procedurally-generated PDF wouldn't be that hard, depending on tool/language/library availability on macos.

Yeah it’s easy but very tedious.
Tedious isn't so bad...it's just having to redo the whole thing from scratch if I edit the source document that's a killer. Or so I hear.

We'll see how many folks would actualy be interested.

niklinna

satisfied?
Where things are at. I'm not particularly happy about the Inspiration & Destiny info being in two places, but then again the heritage/culture/background features go on the feature tracker sheet too.

I hope everything is obvious, but I do plan to add a page explaining how to use some fields (like Cost can be any of Exertion, Inspiration, Spell Points, Sorcery Points, and more!).

I'm also trying to figure out how to do companions (humanoid, beast friends, familiars, and more). There's enough variation that they essentially need at least full stat+skill and feature sheets!

Let me know what you think of these. I'll have to figure out some way to add form-fillable to the PDFs; I don't have the software for that (yet).

1 Stats+Skills.jpg2 RP-Info.jpg3 Features-Martial.jpg4 Features-Caster.jpg5 Features-2Caster.jpg6 Equipment+Treasure.jpg

Masha

Villager
I used your V1 base to adjust them to A4 for my group (printing letter format would result in lots of wasted space).
Tightening up the white spaces in-between boxes just a little and the slightly longer format (albeit less in width) gave me more space to work with and I managed to squeeze destiny stuff back onto the front page. I also added an inspiration tracker next to the hit dice counter instead of the conditions, because I felt they could do just fine sized the same as the hit points boxes. Based on feedback from my party, we also moved the cash counters to the top of the inventory page. Otherwise they love it and thank you for your work :D
If someone can point me to a free / affordable software to do form-fillables I'll gladly put the time in, it's kind of meditative (spent an hour today only to find out the software I tried added an ugly watermark and that's hardly worth sharing).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases