Level Up (A5E) Minimalist character sheet mockup

Vexxmyst

Villager
Update time-
I've more or less finished the first page of my character sheet; and I feel now is a proper time to detail some of my additions compared to niklinna and Masha's sheets:
  • A more compact view.
  • AC has multiple fields to cover armored/unarmored/shield-bearing armor classes, along with a custom field for Shield, Defensive weapons or Dual-Wielding Expert.
  • Initiative section added.
  • Death Saves 'flattened', and Exhaustion fixed (A5e has 7 levels).
  • Every condition is listed with checkboxes for ease of use.
  • Investigation is added to the passives, as well as expanded notes on passive calculation.
  • Burrow and Hover added to movement.
  • Tool proficiencies split from skill list; they don't follow the rules of skills, after all.
  • Features and Exploration Knacks fields added.
I couldn't find a purpose for the space right of Charisma, so unfortunately it is blank for now; any suggestions are appreciated!

Attachments

• Character Sheet WIP.png
    Character Sheet WIP.png
    861.2 KB · Views: 142

Update time-
I've more or less finished the first page of my character sheet; and I feel now is a proper time to detail some of my additions compared to niklinna and Masha's sheets:
  • A more compact view.
  • AC has multiple fields to cover armored/unarmored/shield-bearing armor classes, along with a custom field for Shield, Defensive weapons or Dual-Wielding Expert.
  • Investigation is added to the passives, as well as expanded notes on passive calculation.
  • Tool proficiencies split from skill list; they don't follow the rules of skills, after all.
I couldn't find a purpose for the space right of Charisma, so unfortunately it is blank for now; any suggestions are appreciated!
Nice! Under attacks & spellcasting, the Att Bonus heading could be Att Bonus / Save DC, or something like that eg Fireball might have "Dex 13" if your spell save DC is 13. Not sure how you'd fit that in, sorry!

Very minor design note: I think the tool proficiencies box would look better if it was the same size as armor to the left of it. Similarly with Features and Knacks, although I can see why you'd want more space for the former.

Nothing jumps out for the blank space I'm afraid. You also have blank space at the top left, is there a reason for that?

Vexxmyst

Villager
Nice! Under attacks & spellcasting, the Att Bonus heading could be Att Bonus / Save DC, or something like that eg Fireball might have "Dex 13" if your spell save DC is 13. Not sure how you'd fit that in, sorry!
That is a great idea that I hadn't considered (despite the other minimalist sheets including it, yes); I think I'll word it as 'DC / Bonus' if I can't increase the field to fit the full text in.
Very minor design note: I think the tool proficiencies box would look better if it was the same size as armor to the left of it. Similarly with Features and Knacks, although I can see why you'd want more space for the former.
I have two reasons for that design choice. First is that tool proficiencies were originally appended to the skills section as seen in my first picture, and I wanted to draw the eye between it and skills more than the other proficiencies due to their use as a specialty; second is that with the amount of tool proficiencies you can gain, it needs that extra space. Armor is pretty much capped at "Light/Med/Heavy Armor, Shield" while tools include trade tools, tool kits, instruments, gaming sets... I originally had the latter two in a separate box than the tool profs with languages on a third row running the full width, but after review I realized I couldn't separate it like that.
I check each text box with relevant text to make sure the space is generous, and in the case of Tool Proficiencies I used my O5e rogue's tool profs with six proficiencies, along with three instruments to accommodate bard hypotheticals. The result was an overflow unless extra space was made.

Similar in design is the factor of features/knacks, since I don't personally see elaboration of knacks on your sheet as necessary as features/traits. A knack is less likely to come up in combat, so you would have more time to refer to the book if you needed to whereas you don't want to disrupt things by looking up a feature mid-combat.
You also have blank space at the top left, is there a reason for that?
LU logo space, I haven't focused on that until I have things in a state of completion.
Might I suggest when the are finished you add them to the downloads section so it’s easy for other folks to find them?
Definitely! I wasn't aware a section like that existed, actually; once I finish the other two projected pages and convert to a form fill PDF, I'll post there.
Also while I have you here, is the logo in the official sheet for derivative use, or should I used the 'powered by' one as used by the other sheets?

niklinna

satisfied?
Might I suggest when the are finished you add them to the downloads section so it’s easy for other folks to find them?
Good idea! I'm busy reading through the AG to make sure I know everything that needs to be on the sheets before I resume work on them. Once I've done that I will incorporate feedback and such.

Masha

Villager
Update time-
  • A more compact view.
Haven't checked in in a while cause RL happened but one suggestion for that remaining empty space would be for the Manuever DC / Exertion counter, since that is definitely universal and also useful for some of the basic maneuvers that likely won't be noted down as a feature.
Another option would be trying to work in a window for resistances similar to the Defense tab in the DDB sheets. And, seeing as for example helmets give not full resistance but expertise die to certain conditions it might be worth considering an expertise column like you did with the skills.

gamemasterbob

Explorer
Update time-
  • A more compact view.
This is looking like a good start for a one page non spell caster. Nice.

gamemasterbob

Explorer
Well, were it O5e I'd agree, but with Combat Maneuvers it's going to have to be at least a 2-page regardless of class.
Very true. It looks like it’s gonna be a two page - at least. I’m OK with that. I could print front and back. Most of us can. But we definitely need a character sheet for THIS game.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases