• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Minions above 1st level

Green Knight

First Post
The Vampire Spawn is a Level 6 Minion, actually. Here're its stats.

2302190Vampire02.jpg

Shroomy

Adventurer
Yeah, the vampire spawn are rather weak creatures that should go down in one hit, but I wouldn't want them to hang around much over a lengthy combat.

Shroomy

Adventurer
Does anyone know how regeneration works in 4e, or perhaps speculate based on DDM rules? I don't think that regeneration will work like it does in 3.5e, I suspect it will work more like 3.5e fast healing. So if the vampire spawn takes 10 points of damage in a single hit, its toast.

The Little Raven

First Post
srn said:
The existance of regen 3 on that minion implies one hit doesn't kill it.

I'd say that the explicit entry of "10 HP/5 Bloodied" means that one hit doesn't kill it (if the hit is less than 10 damage). I don't think the rule is "minions die in one hit," but rather that minions always have a ridiculously low amount of HP (like 1 per level or something) so that, on average, they die in a single hit.

DandD

First Post
Yes, that's true. And notice that the vampire spawn has only 10 hitpoints, while having a constitution score of 14. Another example of monsters and npcs not following the same rules like player characters.

Starbuck_II

First Post
DandD said:
Yes, that's true. And notice that the vampire spawn has only 10 hitpoints, while having a constitution score of 14. Another example of monsters and npcs not following the same rules like player characters.
I still believe minion hps are 1/2 Level + 1/2 Con=minion hp, the Kobold has 1/2 of 1 which in D&D is 0 (since D&D rounds down) so he has 1 bascially.
Level 6 =3, +1/4 14 =7.
3 +7=10.

I am wondering if my theory will hold. I'll call it the Theory of Minion Relativity: I'll be all Einstienian about it. Claim Light speed never changes so it works.

The Little Raven

First Post
Starbuck_II said:
I still believe minion hps are 1/2 Level + 1/2 Con=minion hp, the Kobold has 1/2 of 1 which in D&D is 0 (since D&D rounds down) so he has 1 bascially.

The kobold minion would have 6 or 7 hp, in that case, since his Con is 12 (divided by two is 6).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads