• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Minis] Suggestions for Reaper's Fog Wraith mini?

Mulkhoran

First Post
I recently got the Fog Wraith from Reaper minis. Looking at the spaces where the arms and legs would be, I was wondering.....

Does anybody have any ideas for filling these spaces in, or using something to create some kind of effect between the areas? Maybe.......some kind of fog? :p

Gizzard

First Post
I've seen some GW stuff (like Dreadnaughts) where people model the exhaust smoke of a missile leaving its launcher or some other smoke-like effect. Its definitely a difficult effect to get right.

Probably check the GW site or coolminiornot and see if you can find such a Dread. Actually, here is something cool by victoria. She's darn good, though I think what sells this mini is the red lighting on the guy, not the fire effect itself. I'd bet that the fire is sculpted out of Green Stuff.

Heres another wild idea. There are some water effects that are getting popular. Check out this guys base. You could use the water effect on the base to mold some sort of translucent-y arms and legs. (Read the text, it tells where to buy the water effect).

Also, there is a mini's forum on this board; you might want to post there for more ideas. And, whatever you do, post the results, I'll be curious to see them.

Mulkhoran

First Post
Thanks for the suggestions guys. That site you linked to roxx, Gizzard, gotta remember that.

There's a minis forum? I must have missed it on the main page..maybe a mod can move this.....if not, I'll just repost it over there in a few days.

I think the board's own Upper_Krust (or was that someone else?) has done the smoke effect. He showed us some during Mark's online minis chats last year.

Perhaps he can post a pic with an explanation of his technique. His minis are most awesome!

Remove ads