MiPS Lost Mine [IC]

tuxgeo

Adventurer
OOC: How many rounds have passed since the goblins guarding Leonan noticed the party in the dog cave? We did drop two of them rather completely. Are those first two now "dead," or does Eddicus still have a round or two to Spare the Dying on them? Leonan did spare the other two, specifying non-lethal damage on them.

Axel

First Post
Ivan smiled as the situation defused. "I hope you can forgive me my native language. I hope the elf can translate, if you do not."

Damned if I'll let that upstart of an elf steal all the glory from this...situation just because of a language problem.

Clearing his throat Ivan continued. "One old man is of no value. He cannot work and will soon die here. We will gladly take a hungry mouth from your stronghold. It seems a fair end to this..." Ivan waves his hands expansively, gesturing to the surrounding goblins and the party. "This unfortunate confrontation."

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: [MENTION=93196]Axel[/MENTION], WHAT native language? If you're speaking elven I can translate, but otherwise Yeemik understands common and I cannot translate other languages...and just for everyones record, Leonan is half-elven with mostly human looks - see image :)

Axel

First Post
ooc: Ivan is speaking common. He knows you're a half-elf, but is playing the racist card in his head because in the absence of much IC posting I've decided he's a bigot. :)

mips42

Adventurer
OOC: Without going back and counting, my best guess for number of rounds is 7.

'He yours. We be leaving this place,' Yeemik says quickly. Several of the Goblins grumble and gripe at him, but he shouts them down saying 'Klarg right about some things. Some humans come an dead us no problems. We need new place and me know one away from here. Go get things and bring other one here!'
With that, most of the goblins scurry back into the cave and, cautiously, Yeemik retrieves his spear.

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Lacking certainty, Eddicus lowers his guard and goes over to the inert body of the first of the goblin guards that fell in the recent combat, i.e. the one Vottr smashed early on. Eddicus kneels by the body and casts "Spare the Dying" on it -- at least as much to be taken as a gesture of good faith as anything else. If the body appears still to be living, then Eddicus goes to the body of the other one that fell early on -- or as far as he can in that case, using the movement he has left.

His next action -- if the first casting worked -- is to cast the same cantrip on the other fallen goblin guard.

mips42

Adventurer
Both of the goblins that are outside on the ground are more stunned than injured as they were his fairly hard by Leonans previous Thunderwave. The one that Vottr got is quite, quite dead.

Axel

First Post
Ivan is unable to stop himself grinning, and claps his hands in self-congratulation. "Excellent! We shall be away from here as soon as possible."

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Goblin, to Yeemik:
"I'm sorry you feel that way, Yeemik. But I can understand mistrust. If you decide you would like a more peaceful coexistence with humans, try and find me. I'll be around for some time. Have a good life."

Common, speaking to the party after Yeemik left:
"We can rest here, I'm glad you came before Klarg decides I'm a more nuisance then worth. I was talking to the goblins and teaching them, sometimes even their own lore. Their shamans are known to forget pieces of their history.

Since I doubt you came for me, I assume the old man is someone important?"

Last edited:

Remove ads