MiPS Lost Mine [IC]

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Eddicus stands up from where he has failed to prevent the crushed goblin from dying, and points toward where Vottr is lying on the bank of the stream.

"If the old man is a dwarf, he is likely to be that guy's uncle -- and our employer," Eddicus answers. "Once he gets out here, we will know."

"I suppose I could go help him walk out of the cave, if the goblins are really releasing him. . . ."

Axel

First Post
"Dwarves are proud too. We could shame him by trying to help with something as simple as walking," Ivan explained.

"I think it best if we wait before offering. Especially with his kin unconscious on the floor - it would not do for him to see Vottr carried like a sack of potatoes."

tuxgeo

Adventurer
"I accede to your interracial, social insight," Eddicus says, bowing slightly.

He does not smile as he bows; but that is only because a smile could be misinterpreted as sarcasm in this situation. ;)

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
New guy stands and looks from one to another of the group.

Finally, after the little byplay plays out he clears his throat.

"Would you please introduce your honorable selves while we wait? And why are you here if you didn't come for the old man?"

OOC: [MENTION=6746242]mips42[/MENTION], is the old one really a dwarf? Did I even have a chance to see him properly?

mips42

Adventurer
After a few minutes the group of goblins returns from the interior of the cave, half-dragging / half carrying a battered, bedraggled older human male. Eddicus and garret ill recognize from a description that this man is Sildar Hallwinter, another hireling of Gundren Rockseeker and one of the ones that Gundren said would be accompanying him on his trip to Phandalin.
Sildars clothing is dirty and tattered, he smells of dirt and other, less pleasant, things. As he is released by the goblins, he collapses to the ground wheezing noisily.

tuxgeo

Adventurer
"Certainly! I am Eddicus Deane, Cleric of Oghma; and unless I guess wrongly, that human captive would be another hireling of our dwarven employer.

Eddicus pauses for a moment, then continues: "It will be hard for us to free Gundren Rockseeker from this holding pen if he's not here. Maybe he's held captive farther in? Or maybe this captive can tell us what happened to him. . . ."

Eddicus goes to the old man and checks his condition. If needed, he applies one use of his healer's kit to any wounds the man has suffered that are in need of it; and he offers the man food and water.

Last edited:

Axel

First Post
Ivan stood back, to let the priest tend the old man. It didn't look as though he had been well treated. Though, he was still living...

"Doctor Ivan Kakarov," Ivan said, by way of introduction. He paused, as if waiting to see if he was recognised, before continuing.

"What brings you so far from civilisation?"

PierceSG

First Post
"I'm Garrett.", as Garrett introduces himself. "Think it be a good idea for me to go loot the dead hobgolin?"

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Leonan shrugs at the questions.

"I had unpleasant encounter with a nobler noble. So they took care of me...except I had a help and managed to get away into the night. So I went with the help to their home." he gestures toward the cave.

To Garret:
"I don't think the goblins are coming back so feel free. If you'll excuse me, I'll go and recover my cittern and songbook before some goblin concludes I don't need them anymore."

He heads back into the cave, nodding to Eddicus on his way. Come minutes later, he returns tuning the instrument, a satchel slung over his shoulder.

"I think this deserves a song. When we get back to the city I'll perform in some tavern. If you want to hear of your exploits, you're welcome to come."

Remove ads