MiPS Lost Mine [IC]

mips42

Adventurer
Yeemik is busily directing the other goblins in gathering all their belongings and packing them for travel when you find him.
'There were others,' he tells you. 'One was captured with this one and taken to main hideout. Klarg got message from warchief Grol maybe three days ago. Message said that spider pay good silver to watch for dwarf. Capture him and send him and all he carried to Grol. We capture one and send him and his stuffs to Grol. Second is man we give you. Other get away. Klarg beat us good for letting one run.
'Main hideout is old castle northeast of here. You not go there, story man. Grol and clan worse than Klarg. They kill all you dead, no talking.'

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Thank you, Chief Yeemik. I am glad to know you. Don't fall under any other "kings".

Leonan then returns to the group, smiling. He looks at Ivan, nodding to him and then just waits to see what the strange man will do.

Neurotic

Eddicus waits for Leonan to translate Yeemik's words into the Common tongue for the sake of the rest of the party.

OOC: Erm...no, I didn't talk to Yeemik in front of the party. I returned to the caves. He returned as described above. And waits for something, looking at Ivan.

tuxgeo

Adventurer
OOC: Alright, then: Eddicus would have waited for Leonan to tell the rest of the party what Yeemik had said when they last spoke together inside the caves.

Axel

First Post
Ivan is doing his best to wear a new road in the cave floor, he is pacing so much as Leonan returns. He stops to watch the newcomer approach with eagerness.

"Well, Leonan? What news," he blurts out.

Neurotic

"Well, friend, what's your name?" Leonan uses his bardic training to mimic Ivans tone and speech.

But he doesn't stop there. He lectures, his voice raising as
"I've asked nicely before. I've forgiven your manhandling me. You ordering me around. I do feel thankful and I feel obligation to you. But I'm NOT your servant nor slave. I prevented the fight you wouldn't survive. I've tried my best to introduce myself. And I got back nothing except from Eddicus! No more! Until you decide you can behave, we're done!"
[MENTION=93196]Axel[/MENTION], don't take this seriously out of game, this is between Leonan and Ivan :)

He turns to newly awakened Vottr, lowering his voice and bowing slightly.
"I'm sorry, good dwarf, you missed some action and introductions. My name is Leonan de Hewes, I was a prisoner here until you showed up. You have my thanks"

OOC: assuming some kind of dialog will resume more or less normally:
"We saved an old man, but the dwarf that was captured along with him was transferred further into the goblin territory. One man survived and fled. There are worse things then goblins deeper into the mountains. Some kind of king Groll, worse then Kralg here. Supposedly, there is no talking with them. Which might suit me just fine.

Now, are we going back to the city, to try and track that third man and deliver the old one? Or continuing immediately onward?"

Axel

First Post
Ivan stared at Leonan for a second. "Clearly, you were not listening, young Bard. I shall tell you my name again, but not a third time. In some cultures that has a magical significance."

Taking a deep breath and swelling his chest out, he added "Doctor Ivan Kakarov. If I have been curt with you, please, forgive me. There is much on my mind. The missing old dwarf weighs heavily on me... It would be best for all of us if we are to find him alive and unharmed."

ooc: Thanks for the clarification Neurotic. I'm glad someone else can have an IC disagreement without taking it personally. Besides, Warlocks are supposed to be strange a-holes. :)

Neurotic

OOC: Sorry, totally missed that. Asking that to fighting stress and Ivan attacks. Don't worry about ooc, we're playing and our other chars will continue as friends ;-)

"I remember that, now." Leonan bows to the warlock. "My apologies, for some reason it slipped my mind." He offers his hand. "Friends? "

After Vottr introduces himself and Garret loots Kralg :
"The goblins are moving out. Do you want to go through the caves to check for clues or hidden treasure?"

Last edited:

tuxgeo

Adventurer
"Speaking for myself, I want to get us back to our wagon on the Triboar Trail, so we can complete the mission we were hired to do," Eddicus offers.

"Of course, this only applies to those of us who were hired to do it; but Vottr's uncle laid an obligation upon us to deliver supplies to him and his team in Phandalin; and I think we would be in default of our agreement if we don't try to complete that next, before we take on further adventures. If Dougal got away from the goblins, he may be waiting for us, and for Sildar, there in town; and it might be good to compare notes with him, and gain information that way. Furthermore, most of us need at least a good night's sleep before we are ready to handle matters with our usual aplomb and carefree abandon."

Remove ads