MiPS Lost Mine Part II

GameDoc

Explorer
Standing a short distance from the door, Vottr kicks the bushes a bit to make some rustling sounds then says loudly to Brlo: "I stashed big Mama's Boy and that one with the silly beard in the shed! Did you see where the others got off to?"

mips42

Adventurer
After securing their prisoners, Castagyr started the gruesome work of hauling dead and unconscious bodies into the tavern. He gathered up weapons and brought them inside too.
Then he started looking through pockets and pouches for items of interest.
The gruesome business of gathering the dead and hauling them into the dilapidated tavern takes only a minute or so, the hardest part keeping the one mostly together.
The mens' pockets contain a few silver and coppers and the leader also has a small bit of crystal, roughly 1/4" diameter and 3" long.

Eddicus looks around the interior. He checks to find and examine the catch that releases the hidden panel in the back, wherewith the two men inside had made their exit; and he looks for obvious items and scattered effects to determine how the building had recently been used. He assiduously removes the red cloth bands and cloaks from each of the captives and corpses, and stacks the collected badge-stuff on a table.
The interior of the tavern is just as worn and faded as the exterior. The walls are bare wood, the tables and chairs are all broken or wobbly and tt seems clear that whoever owned this place did not do enough business to maintain it.
Examining the back room, finding the catch that releases the panel is fairly simple as it is a simple lift-latch and is designed to let people out, but not in.
As best as can be determined from a quick examination, the place has been used as a alehouse and possible a meeting place for the lower-level Redbrands.

Shh! They're coming. Be quiet! I'll free you as soon as they pass.
'Huh, what? Who are you? What happened? Where's Armond?'

Within a minute or so of completing the cleanup, you can hear rising voices coming from outside. It sounds like they are getting closer.

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
'Huh, what? Who are you? What happened? Where's Armond?'

"Shhh! I'm one of those Spider sent to keep goblins in line. I just came back and found you under attack. You fell a bit aside and I tried to pull you away, but the dwarf forced me inside here. We'll have to wait for a bit."
He cuts thugs bonds
I'm Leo. I don't know Armond, but those...'heroes'..." Leonan spits
"...rounded everyone into the tavern. I don't know what's happening, but we should get back to Spider. Do you think it would be safer to go through the tunnel instead of trying to avoid these guys whole way?
How many of you are there now anyhow? When I went to Cragmaws, there were only handful humans and now I see several of you here."
"

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Castagyr, Dragonborn Paladin

~ Inside Sleeping Giant Tavern ~

[section]
[sblock=Mini-stats]Castagyr
Init +1, Speed 20
AC 18; HP 18; Current: 15
Conditions in effect: Fire resistance
Dragon Breath: 1/1 avail
Divine Sense: 3/3 avail
Healing Hands: 10/10 points avail
Spells: 2/2 points avail (Bless, Command, Wrathful Smite)
Weapon in Hand: Lance (reach weapon)
[/sblock]​
[/section]Castagyr looked at the crystal, oddly. Its shape was strange to him and it did not have a readily discernable purpose. He showed it to Eddicus, “Any ideas on what this might be? The big thug had it on him. If not maybe the bard will know.”

He looked over what the cleric had gathered and added the spare silver and copper pieces to the pile. With the gathered up weapons, they might be able to liquidate the weapons to help fund purchasing supplies for their quest.

The big thug was still out cold, so Castagyr turned his attention to the two wounded ones that had tried escaping out the back.

Axel

First Post
"Ha!" Brlo snorted. "T'big one cried lik'a beardless boy. Jus'a bunch' cowards a'ffer all."

Stepping firmly down on some fallen sticks, he continued "Y'see where t'other un went? 'e go' t'way I think..."

mips42

Adventurer
Leonan said:
"Shhh! I'm one of those Spider sent to keep goblins in line. I just came back and found you under attack. You fell a bit aside and I tried to pull you away, but the dwarf forced me inside here. We'll have to wait for a bit."
I'm Leo. I don't know Armond, but those...'heroes rounded everyone into the tavern. I don't know what's happening, but we should get back to Spider. Do you think it would be safer to go through the tunnel instead of trying to avoid these guys whole way?
How many of you are there now anyhow? When I went to Cragmaws, there were only handful humans and now I see several of you here.
'Who or what is "Spider"? You're not part of our group so how can I trust you? I'm out of here.' With that he stands and begins making for the door.

In the tavern, the two that went out the back are whimpering and looking at you with undisguised fear. 'Please, don't kill us. We're not with those guys,' the larger one says. 'I just serve the ale.'

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
'Who or what is "Spider"? You're not part of our group so how can I trust you? I'm out of here.' With that he stands and begins making for the door.
OOC: italic speech is in goblin

"Feel free to run, I'm sure those guys outside would like someone else to kill. I'll wait them out, thank you very much.

You cannot trust me and it seems you're to stupid to be trusted anyhow. Maybe you don't even know about the tunnel.
I speak goblin. I speak goblin. . I got you in here before that group there got you first. I saved you, slave. I know about secret tunnel and Spider. I know you have ties with goblinoids.

What more proof do you need? What more proof do you need?
"

OOC: Deception +5 if needed

tuxgeo

Adventurer
OOC: Do I need to make some kind of roll for Eddicus to have any clue about the nature of the crystal that Castagyr found?

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Castagyr, Dragonborn Paladin

~ Inside Sleeping Giant Tavern ~

[section]
[sblock=Mini-stats]Castagyr
Init +1, Speed 20
AC 18; HP 18; Current: 15
Conditions in effect: Fire resistance
Dragon Breath: 1/1 avail
Divine Sense: 3/3 avail
Healing Hands: 10/10 points avail
Spells: 2/2 points avail (Bless, Command, Wrathful Smite)
Weapon in Hand: Lance (reach weapon)
[/sblock]​
[/section]Castagyr had a cold expression, “If you are not like them, why did you try to run? Everything was happening outside, and you were not kept here prisoner. Your actions betray your guilt.”

“You had best start talking to tell us useful information or we shall see you swinging from a rope like that one that survived.”
He gestured to the bigger unconscious Redbrand.

“You can start with who he is.”

mips42

Adventurer
Feel free to run, I'm sure those guys outside would like someone else to kill. I'll wait them out, thank you very much.
You cannot trust me and it seems you're to stupid to be trusted anyhow. Maybe you don't even know about the tunnel.
I speak goblin. I speak goblin. . I got you in here before that group there got you first. I saved you, slave. I know about secret tunnel and Spider. I know you have ties with goblinoids.
What more proof do you need? What more proof do you need?
"
'Fine. you know about the tunnel. You speak goblin. You speak of this Spider as if I should know who or what that is. I don't. but I DO know who my leader is. Who did this Spider tell you you should contact?'

Remove ads