MiPS Lost Mine Part II

Axel

First Post
"Aye, I b'figurin' we in a spo'a trouble."

Brlo stows his crossbow and enters the tavern for the first time.

"Well tha' complicates t'ings," he mutters, seeing the corpses laid out. The dwarf stands near to the door, holding the back of a nearby chair. His hands twist and grasp it - clearly the whole situation is making him uncomfortable.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ Inside Sleeping Giant Tavern ~

[section]
[sblock=Mini-stats]Castagyr
Init +1, Speed 20
AC 18; HP 18; Current: 15
Conditions in effect: Fire resistance
Dragon Breath: 1/1 avail
Divine Sense: 3/3 avail
Healing Hands: 10/10 points avail
Spells: 2/2 points avail (Bless, Command, Wrathful Smite)
Weapon in Hand: Lance (reach weapon)
[/sblock]​
[/section]Castagyr had enough and just walked out of the tavern.

Once outside he turned on Vottr, "Fun!? You SHOULD be arrested. Killing people is not fun."

"Please refrain from attacking people that are unarmed. While conflict was likely inevitable, much of the bloodshed rests upon your shoulders and cleaning up your mess has not gone well."

Addressing the others, "Now, we still have a job to do. Let's go to the Redbrand's hideout and deal with them right away. We reduced their number and hopefully the others have not been warned."

mips42

Adventurer
Sildar follows you outside 'Glad we got out of there with our skins. The most dangerous animal is one that has been cornered and I think that Harbin is just that. See, I think I figured him out. He knows he can't oust the Redbrands with the farmers and villagers he has and, if he admits to trying to oust them, he's likely dead. He ALSO knows that if someone, like you, tries and fails he's almost definitely dead. He's trapped.
'So, whatever you're going to do, do it. Make it fast and be thorough. Good luck.'
With that, Sildar walks back towards the inn.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"I think we should head to the inn. If someone is wounded, we can address those wounds and be back in no time. And we can say we obeyed direct townmasters order."

OOC: If anyone was wounded, short rest to use some hit point recovery dice?

Axel

First Post
"Aye, a bite t'eat 'n' s'ale sounds t'treat," Brlo said. "Be t'last t'ing t'thugs'll be expect'n," he added, picking up a rock from the ground. He twisted it around in his hands a little, seeming to draw comfort from its solidness, before casting it off to the verge.

It looked like he had reached some sort of internal decision.

"Right, Castagyr. If y'be 'avin a problem wi'me cousin y'be 'avin a problem wi'me. Best y'be keep'in a civil tongue in y'ed."

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Bard supports the dwarves and turns on Castagyr too.

"Why are you angry with Vottr, Castagyr? By your own admission, you went there to provoke a fight, not, as you earlier said, to extract information. To provoke a fight. And you got it. So, what is the problem? Don't blame Vottr for ruining your plan. You said you didn't judge those people in advance yet you went there with fight in mind. While I agree it was probably inevitable, we didn't have to cause it."

He doesn't wait for an answer, the questions are rethroric. He turns to Brlo, but addresses the rest of the party too:
"I'm thinking we don't have time to rest, the townmaster will release those guys. And at least that one in the shed is fully mobile. I say we go around and prevent any unfortunate leaks. We buy some time for our companions to rest. Anybody not wounded is of course welcome. The rest should go, bind the wounds and eat something to recover strength. We meet in an hour behind that tavern. Agreed?"

OOC: Since Leonan is not wounded I'm thinking to prevent information leak. But if the rest of you think splitting the party is bad idea, shoot it down. If [MENTION=6746242]mips42[/MENTION] estimates we could stop the thugs we don't even have to loose time on the encounter. I'm thinking sight of Brlo with a crossbow and one other (illusion or real :) ) with a crossbow and Leaonan with ready spells should be enough to convince them to surrender. And they can rely on the townmaster to set them free again later without bloodshed.

Last edited:

Axel

First Post
Brlo stared up at the Dragonborn, trying to determine his motives. "Tha'a good plan, elf-man," he replies.

"I cou'care less for t'thugs. Only time f'another takes t'place if we win. Bu'ma cousin'a big lad an c'take care o'iself," he explains.

"Le'be off'n," he says, turning to head back the way they had come.

tuxgeo

Adventurer
"So," Eddicus acknowledges, "we head back to the inn, following Sildar as obviously as we can; then we go inside as though docile. Is that the first part of the plan?"

"When inside," he goes on, "we figure out marching order, or avenue of approach, or both at once; then begin an assault on the Redbrands' hideout in or below the manor house?"

"What do you guys think?"

Remove ads