MiPS Lost Mine Part II

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"I would prefer trickery. We two humans can go as bandits, as far as we've seen, red cloaks are enough. Dwarves can be our prisoners or go flanking in case of unseen guards. We could also go from two directions, but that could be colossaly bad idea especially since we don't know the tunnel is passable or inhabited. And we cannot communicate with each other. I'd say we either go immediately after reaching the inn or we risk some more time to recuperate and we stop those guys townmaster will set free so we don't have to fight them again."

OOC: Darkvision is an advantage in the tunnel against humans, but is disadvantage for Leonan and Eddicus in case we have to fight some subterranean monster.
Also, GameDoc didn't say anything about Vottr being wounded and needing short rest

GameDoc

Explorer
"Half-elf's startin' to seem smarter to me... but that might just be his new beard - makes him seem more credible." Vottr winks at Leonan, then he smiles at Castagyr, "And fer the record, I didn't kill no one. I was aimin' to wound and subdue. Knocked that big one out cold. Seems the death strokes were comin' from someone else. Not that they didn't deserve it."

tuxgeo

Adventurer
"Can we even get red cloaks in a hurry? We left those in a pile on the floor of the Sleeping Dragon, didn't we?" Eddicus asks.

"I don't have a disguise kit that we could use to color our own cloaks red in a pinch, and I wouldn't know how to use one if I had one. I think my best approach might be to doff my shield and wield my shortbow: that's nearly as intimidating as a crossbow to some people. That would lower my physical protection and keep me off the front line, though."

OOC: Eddicus has proficiency with Thieves' Tools, but doesn't own a set of those. (Cash constraints.)

Neurotic

OOC: I'm fairly sure Leonan explicitly took one to fool the one in the shed. And he probably would take his at the end because I had the idea of getting there "masked" as soon as I understood their "redness" - but I didn't specify it. The rest of them are probably bloody.

mips42

Adventurer
Off to Tresendar Manor

The walk back to Stonehill Inn is quiet, almost eerily so. Several people look on from their porches and doorways, seemingly unsure of how to react to the violence that occurred at The Sleeping Giant.
Once you arrive at Stonehill, Toben greets you warmly and quietly tells you that, while some are apprehensive, most of the townspeople are hopeful that the Redbrand scourge can be removed and, as encouragement, he offers you some food for you to take with you.
Back outside the Stonehill, you quietly skirt the main square in case Harbin happens to be returning from his investigations and make your way towards the ruins of Tresendar manor.
With the afternoon waning, you approach the tumbledown manor.
[sblock=Picture] Tresendar.jpg[/sblock]
It seems clear from the fallen beams and crumbling walls that, while this may have once been a grand manor, there is little left of that once-proud structure. What does remain sits atop a sizable mound of earth and stone and a large copse of trees is visible to south. It seems likely that the tunnel access would lie in that direction. A brief look around reveals a well-trod path leading toward what would have been the rear of the manor.

Neurotic

Seeing the path, Leonan shakes his head
"Phew, I thought for a moment we were misinformed. Do we...we...we....ACHOOO!"
in a cloud of feathers, his strange beard explodes around him.
"Ahhhh...that's better...do we go through the building, I mean this main entrance or we follow the path?"

Trogdor1992

First Post
Castagyr speaks up at this, "Well, I say we follow the path, perhaps we can find some way to circumvent some of them and get to whoever is running this gang of bandits. You know, cut off the head to weaken the body, so we might stop these bandits as quickly as possible."

Last edited:

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Eddicus makes his choice: he unstraps his shield from his arm and hangs it on a strap from his pack. Taking the same opportunity to rearrange things, he also retrieves his shortbow and wields that as his primary weapon.

Eddicus follows one pace back from the front of the group, ready to reach forward and cast "Light" on somebody's armor if it's needed.

OOC: Eddicus' AC is now reduced to 16 without his shield. He thinks having two front-liners -- Castagyr and Vottr -- might be enough; and this will give them a chance to work together, as well.

Neurotic

"Following the path will also mean we'll be getting onto thugs main entrance...and while you may enjoy the fight to gain entrance through well defended choke point, I don't. I will follow the group though."

OOC:
[MENTION=6801450]Trogdor1992[/MENTION], it is customary to put your speech into color so it is easily discernible from the description text. last player of Castagyr used some kind of yellow (maybe gold), but you can of course choose your own.

Remove ads