• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mirashi Iso talks to Wild Helm, and challenges the idiots!

Sabaron

First Post
You catch a glimpse of a man in black running away from the Dojo of Nature's Fury and Harmony. You give chase, and being that you're quite a bit younger than the man, you catch up to him. Leaping at him with a flying tackle, you bring him down. It's Mirashi Iso, a Yakuza Thug from Team Rocket. If you are higher than Tier 3 though, he dodges out of the way.

Mirashi Iso
Dark Warrior 1
5-1
0 yen
Style: Scorpion.

Last edited:

"Don't be foolish", Wild Helm barks at the man clad in black "I'm not here to harm you. Neither the time nor place suits me."

Wild Helm backs away from the assasin, ready for another tackle should he make a break for it again.

"You intrigue me. Though you seem to draw a lot of attention your goals might not be far from my own", Wild Helm attempts to read the face of the stranger, "tell me, who are you, and where do you come from?"

Sabaron

First Post
Mirashi backs away from Wild Helm until they are about 5 feet from each other.

"My name is Mirashi Iso. I am from an island to the east of this land, but I have traveled around the world in my lifetime. My original mission here was to slay a man, a rebel against his lord. I was hired by a King in the far west to track him here and kill him before he could get established here."

"One of the challenges I have undertaken in my old age is to not know the name of my victim. I have been an assassin since I was 20 years old, and there isn't much left that can challenge me. I no longer care about my old contract, however."

"Shard was a special woman. Just speaking with her for a few minutes, while we fought, instilled me with a deep admiration of her. That was an unusual thing for me; I have met very few people in my life that I respect or care for. She was the first in 23 years."

"Shard was suicidal, however. When I bested her in combat, as I knew I would, she demanded death. I tried to dissuade her with tales of the life she would miss. She continued to ask for death. I pleaded with her to become a nun. Still, death was her desire. So I killed her, in a slow manner, so that she could contemplate life as she died. Some call me cruel for it, but I think it was necessary."

"When Shard died, she took a part of me with her. The part of me that cared about anything or anyone. I hadn't met anyone like her before, and I doubt I shall ever do so again."

"As she died, Kith spoke from within her. This was a disaster; while Shard was what I would consider a friend, Kith was a popular dojo master with a great record. 45 years of experience as an assassin told me what I needed to do."

"That night, I snuck into Kith's room at her dojo and placed her body there. I slipped out undetected. The next morning, I went to the dojo to 'speak' with her, and 'found' her dead. Soon after that, I encountered the one known as Archangel. He challenged me, and I defeated him easily. Once the celestial being was lying at my feet, I felt a new power infuse me, unlike anything I had ever felt before."

"This power fueled my body and mind, filling the void that Shard's death had created. I can feel it now, ebbing and flowing within me. It fills me with rage, and an urge to destroy, burn and kill. I fight these urges, as they aren't productive, but they remain still."

"To be honest with you, dark stranger, I know not the purpose of my life now. But I have told you my story; now I would like to hear yours."

Mirashi sits and waits patiently.

Rathan

First Post
OOC: sorry to bust up the party....but I want another match with mirashi.......

*As Wild Helm is about to speak his story to Mirashi....... he sees a familliar blur run and leap past him out of the corner of his eye.......*

*Archangel leaps a tackles Mirashi slmming him hard to the ground...... then he tumles off of mirashi and takes a fighting stance.... and perpares for another battle with the dark warrior......*

"I'm back for more mirashi...... and this time.... I'm ready for you........."

*archangel smirks and readies himself again.....*

Last edited:

Sabaron

First Post
After a quick, bloody fight, Mirashi knocks the Archangel out and throws his body into a pond.

"If he's lucky, he'll float and live. Now, tell me about yourself, Wild Helm."

Wild Helm nods approvingly and smiles to Mirashi Iso. "Your efficiency impresses me, Mirashi Iso."

"You already seem to know what people call me, but Wild Helm is nothing but a name of convenience given to me after a somewhat noisy and not all together elegant brawl in a tavern many years ago. My real name I prefer to be kept unknown." He stops for a second, then continues, "Not for my own sake, mind you, but for the sake of those dear to me that might become targets for my enemies. I have also learned that the power of darkness is to see without being seen."

He hears a sound behind him and quickly melds into the shadows of the alley. Making sure the coast is clear, he moves out of hiding once more. "Sorry about that, I suppose it becomes a habit after a while. But I'm sure you feel the same." He laughs softly. "You were telling me of a mission to kill someone bound to become a warlord around here. I can sympathize with that. I have no love for authorities.", Wild Helm pauses for a second, pondering, "Quite the opposite in fact."

"Now, I realize that it means nothing to you, but you should know that if the lord who has given you that contract tries to assume power when you have ... eliminated the other, you should know that he, too, will gain an enemy in me." He fingers the lining of his dark cloak, "I hope you won't stand in the way of me then, as I would hate to have you as my enemy. It would be a waste."

"A lot of people around here do their best to beat darkness into submition, but light cannot exist without darkness, and it is time to fight back!", his eyes gleams with excitement for a fleeting moment, but then he calms himself. "Yet, I am on no crusade. I don't rush into battle mindlessly as some others. You say rage and destruction isn't productive? That is not true. Destruction is very productive. Without tearing down you cannot build anything new, you cannot rid yourself from the meaningless conventions and traditions of others. I strive to gain the highest level of excellence. I cannot do that if I my hands and mouth are bound by the laws of those wanting to maintain the status quo! Nobody can! And thus we live in a society of mediocracy ruled by those who happens to be favored by an arbitraty code of law."

"The day is illuminated by a single sun, but the night is illuminated by myriads of stars", Wild Helm opens his cloak, but instead of mere cloth, the lining is the night sky itself; midnight blue with twinkling stars, "there is not one way of seing things, not one ruler to rule all. There is myriads of perspective and no ruler."

Remove ads