Miss Me Once

Zhure

First Post
Miss Me Once, the Combat Veteran PP exploit, level 12, is ranged and from my reading would provoke OA.

Your input is desired.
Options:
1- lame, needs errata to be a close burst 10 instead.
2- you missed something and no OA is provoked
3- it's fine as is.
4- other, please explain.
Z

Duelpersonality

First Post
Remember that a creature can only take opportunity actions (including OAs) when it is not that creature's turn, so even in melee the triggering creature wouldn't get a free attack against the warlord. However, this does not cover other adjacent creatures, so perhaps close burst 10 would be better, unless they meant for it to be more tactically used.

Mengu

First Post
Just to note, there are many utility powers that are ranged which makes no sense to me. It becomes difficult for Warlords and Clerics to use their utility powers. I've houseruled all non-attack ranged powers to be bursts instead.

brehobit

Explorer
Just to note, there are many utility powers that are ranged which makes no sense to me. It becomes difficult for Warlords and Clerics to use their utility powers. I've houseruled all non-attack ranged powers to be bursts instead.

ditto

WalterKovacs

First Post
Just one note, opportunity attack specifically refers to ranged or area attacks, not any ranged or area action. So the various utility powers that happen to be ranged aren't provoking. Thus they've used ranged instead of close burst when it's supposed to only target a single ally [or enemy] instead of more than one. [This does however make the wording on healing/inspiring words a bit odd since they do use the close burst. Maybe it's because it can include yourself as a target?]

WalterKovacs

First Post
Under Opportunity Attack (PHB pg 290), it says Ranged and Area Powers Provoke. So by RAW, it's not just attacks. Hence the house rule.

Ah ... I was looking at the earlier reference PHB pg 268 that uses attack instead of power in the text describing opportunity attacks.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Ah ... I was looking at the earlier reference PHB pg 268 that uses attack instead of power in the text describing opportunity attacks.

See PHB p56 for the definitions of the melee, ranged, close, and area attack types: "Even though these terms are called 'attack types', they apply to utility powers as well as attack powers". So, bizarrely, a ranged power which is not an attack is a ranged attack.

-Hyp.

Remove ads