Missin' the Gaming Life So Bad ...

Valiantheart

First Post
Ashtal said:
Hey Mark! Good to see you, too. :D

I was sorta burnt out on D&D, too for a bit, which is why my attendence here dropped a bit. I was running this homebrew that started out really well, and then I kiboshed it badly. Left my confidence shaken.

But I'm over it now. :)

Just out of curiosity. What do you mean by "kiboshed it badly"? How bad could it have been?

Ashtal

Vengeance Bunny
I can pinpoint the moment that it went to hell:

I was trying to devise something that the party rogue would be able to use to strut his stuff. Up until that point, I was going with basically story-oriented adventures and had noticed that the player playing the rogue didn't have much chance to shine, and then I had a mental lapse and found myself shoe-horning the party into a diversionary encounter that would let the thief be thiefy.

And it went so poorly and left such a bad taste in my mouth that I set aside the entire campaign world in frustration.

And I wish I hadn't. I was pretty pleased with some of the set-ups I had. Right now, I'm not sure if I want to go back and use the world, with some retooling, or start fresh again.

Last edited:

Henry

Autoexreginated
I suspect a massive plot to keep gamers away from you, involving huge numbers of malicious bunny rabbits. :)

Good to hear from you! :)

Crothian

First Post
Henry said:
I suspect a massive plot to keep gamers away from you, involving huge numbers of malicious bunny rabbits. :)

Good to hear from you! :)

Bunnies.....why does it always have to be bunnies....

Best of luck Ashtal, I'm certain you'll get back into gaming soon

KnowTheToe

First Post
I am also missing the gaming life. I just moved and have had several offers for new games, but the schedules have not worked. I am going to put adds up in some of the local grocery stores, oil places ans laundry mats. I am dying some paper with tea bags and making "wanted" posters. I think they should grab someone's attention.

Volaran

First Post
Good luck to you Ashtal!

I myself was on a break for several years just before 3E came out. Didn't stop me from working part time at a game store...or continuing to accumulate hundreds of dollars worth of gaming books every year.

Right after 3E came out, I was invited by a customer at said FLGS into his first use of the system getting back to DMing. That resulted in two of the best campaigns I've ever been involved in.

However, things have dried up since the beginning of summer due to various outside issues (marraige, work, ect) with the DM and other players.

I'm determined that this dry spell not stretch out into years again...so as a self plug, if anyone reading this is from Winnipeg and has an open spot in their game, please check Darth Shoujo's thread in Gamers Seeking Gamers ;)

Aeolius

Adventurer
There are always online games, you know. ;) One reason I prefer message-based games is that, while they require a great deal of patience, they are less intrusive on one's offline schedule.

Dextolen

Community Supporter
Ashtal said:
I am so unbelievably horny to game again!

I keep laughing at that but I totally understand.

I used to game practically daily "back in the day" but as job, and more importantly home, wife and child responsibilities grew I new game about 2 times a month.

I have recently convinced my wife (accepting non-gamer), to allow me to run a weekly, weeknight game!!! She is happy it's in the house so I can still help with the kids in a pinch, etc. and she knows where I'm at. ;)

Bottom line, you have to make the time. I don't know your situation, but if a S.O. is preventing you from gaming, you have to explain how important it is to you and work something out. If it's work, you need to get a set schedule so you can fish local and internet gamer resources to find or create a gaming group that can conform to your requirements/frequency of gaming.

good luck!

Ashtal

Vengeance Bunny
HEE! No, my boyfriend is as horny to play as me! The entire group I left behind to work out of town is all getting itchy to play. Totally supportive. Hee!

Before, the combination of school and work was too much. Now, I'm finished school and in the work force, and have a great deal more time to myself and to the group. There will be gaming!! :D

And I definitely think I'm going to advertize for some new gamers when I get back to town.

Remove ads