Missing cursor?

MarkB

Legend
Slightly weird one, may just be me, but has anyone else found there's no visible cursor when entering text in the Reply box on a thread? It's only happened today, but it occurred on both my phone and my desktop PC. I can still type replies, just can't easily see where the cursor is on-screen.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
I can see a cursor. Desktop with firefox on a pc.
Same here all round. Haven't noticed any problem.

The only odd thing I've noticed in editing is that if the last character in a post is an emoji, when going to edit the end of that post (e.g. to add a p.s. or whatever) the cursor appears just in front of said emoji - meaning that no matter what you do, the emoji stays at the end of the post even if you want to remove it or add more words after it. This has been the case for some time now.

I've been able to remove last-character emojis via some trial-and-guess but never remember (or notice) just what I did.

darjr

I crit!
I haven't noticed the cursor missing. I have noticed the keyboard on mobil refusing to show up. I wonder if it's related.

Thanks for the heads up.

I will look into it.

"spss spss come here little cursor"

Cursor was missing for me a few minutes ago. First timeI had that issue. Correction, is missing for me on this very post.

Chrome on android 13/OneUI, October 1st patch level.

Factoid-it returned after I changed apps to see my software version.

MarkB

Legend
Thanks for the replies. It does seem to be an intermittent problem - I had the cursor back after posting this thread. @darjr I have had trouble getting the keyboard to show on mobile a couple of times too, might be related.

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
Same here all round. Haven't noticed any problem.

The only odd thing I've noticed in editing is that if the last character in a post is an emoji, when going to edit the end of that post (e.g. to add a p.s. or whatever) the cursor appears just in front of said emoji - meaning that no matter what you do, the emoji stays at the end of the post even if you want to remove it or add more words after it. This has been the case for some time now.

I've been able to remove last-character emojis via some trial-and-guess but never remember (or notice) just what I did.

Fwiw, I've found I can get the cursor past an end-of-line emoji with the BB code toggle (upper right of the Edit post window, looks like "[ ]" next to the save button). In the BB code ON mode, the cursor moves past emojis correctly, and you can continue typing as normal. Just remember to put the toggle back to OFF after few characters, unless you just like looking at the BB code for fonts, italics, images, etc.

Remove ads