• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

missing skills

Fallen Seraph

First Post
MaelStorm said:
I think the idea of cutting duplicating skills is a very good one, but I would prefer if 4E used a system like Shadowrun, where you have general skills + additional level of specialization. This way if you want to be better in one aspect of the skill you can. Also this type of skill system makes it very easy for GM to know which skill must be use for each actions.

Sounds sorta similar to WoD too, where you have the basic skill, and can select specialization within these skills.

I would like to see something like what you said too. Though who knows they may surprise us. I imagine at the least they will show certain bonuses, etc. to certain aspects of the skills. Like a lockpick won't give bonuses to all your Thievery.

The Little Raven

First Post
Flobby said:
I'm curious where knowledge/survival in the Planes would go...

Religion would at least cover the Astral Sea. I expect Arcana would provide details on the Shadowfell and Elemental Chaos, with perhaps Nature giving details on the Feywild.

neceros

Adventurer
Stalker0 said:
Currently the only skill that I saw real mechanical use for and that is not represented in 4e is the ride skill.

Does that mean there won't be anymore taking cover on the mount, no more fast mounts and dismounts?
That would be a gift granted by feats in 4e.

Please look here if you are interested in a 4e character sheet. It's shaping up nicely and will give you a good insight into how the rules are going to be presented, especially the skills (provided they don't add more.)

http://www.neceros.com/index.php?page=dl_dnd4

Stalker0 said:
Currently the only skill that I saw real mechanical use for and that is not represented in 4e is the ride skill.

Does that mean there won't be anymore taking cover on the mount, no more fast mounts and dismounts?
Interesting question to which I have no answer. My guess currently is we haven't seen a complete list of skills, only a list of skills used in the DDXP. But I can be wrong.

pgmason

Explorer
I think its important to bear in mind that we've only seen half a dozen pregenerated characters that were specifically created for a couple of one-off combat heavy adventures. I haven't seen anything to 100% confirm that we've seen the full skill list, or that non-adventuring skills are ignored entirely. I would imagine they are dealt with in the core rule-books, even it its just some guidelines on how to adjudicate non-mechanics based actions.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads