Mithrendain, Citadel of the Feywild

Flazzy

First Post
What, like the Shield of the Barrier Sentinels having a level 9 version and a level 29 version which do absolutely the same?

Ander00

First Post
In the same place as the level 4 version and the equally nonsensical level 19 version. It's funny when you can sell a magic item (for a fifth of its value), and with that money buy 125 identical ones.

cheers

ObsidianCrane

First Post
Yup all the magic items except the Watcher's Signet suffer from the "level progression does nothing" bug.

Heck the weapon and the armor don't even list their correct enchancement bonus for any of the levels.

However that said I really like the Fighter and Wizard powers along with the Paragon Path. I look forward to seeing the final PDF with the gaping errors fixed. (Now if only they could get last months Dragon content into the compendium, so there was a hope they would get this months stuff in there.)

Oompa

First Post
In the same place as the level 4 version and the equally nonsensical level 19 version. It's funny when you can sell a magic item (for a fifth of its value), and with that money buy 125 identical ones.

cheers

My mistake, sorry..

DracoSuave

First Post
The fixes for the weapon and armor are easy enough, just put in the appropriate enhancement bonuses.

LOL Eldritch Serpent Armor. Great for armormages, maybe artificers... maybe.

Glaring Wound is halarious-funny-good.

Mengu

First Post
Fey Step Trailblazer is pretty fantastic. There aren't many feats that allow you to move an ally while it's not their turn (Avandra's Rescue is the only one I can think of). This makes it rather potent for a feat. An Eladrin Rogue teamed up with a Fighter or Paladin will break through enemy formations like no one's business. For an Eladrin it looks like one of the first Paragon tier feats one should grab.

Chris_Nightwing

First Post
I don't get why all the Fighter powers pair up light blade and spear when Eladrin are typically using a spear or longsword, which is a heavy blade.

WhatGravitas

Explorer
I don't get why all the Fighter powers pair up light blade and spear when Eladrin are typically using a spear or longsword, which is a heavy blade.
Hmmm...well, getting a to-hit bonus is pretty hard in 4E, and heavy blades are pretty good weapons already. By adding the bonus to light blades and spears, these normally inferior weapons get better.

That way, as a fighter, you have to choose between the superior damage of heavy blades or the lower damage, but higher precision of light blades (and spears).

Similarly the spear: The lower proficiency bonus makes it worse it most cases and the longspear denies you the use of a shield.

If you could use it with a heavy blade, everybody would get these powers, simply because of the extra to hit bonus.

Cheers, LT.

Remove ads