MM Classics: Come and Show your Stuff!

Meatboy

First Post
A grell? Awesome! Wonderful sense of depth and weight to the piece. Thanks for sharing you art and joining in this thread.

brianbuck

First Post
Thanks for all the kind words. The grell have recently risen to near the top of my list of favorite low to mid level D&D/Pathfinder monsters. The pic I posted was just a sketch and I have a much more refined and polished version I'm working on. I'll post it when it's finished. I'm also working on a beholder and a chuul.

Fraisala

First Post
I stumbled across on this ink lineart of a displacer I've done a little while back and thought it might be worth it to post here. The heavy, almost leonine body type is a bit of a departure from the lean, almost scifi look in the 3e monster manual.

attachment.php

Attachments

• displacerink.jpg
    displacerink.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 281

Glad27

First Post
Some really cool pics in here so far...I'm diggin' em'. I always enjoy looking at other's take on classic D&D monsters. I didn't want to put a drawing in here that I've already posted in my thread so I dug up an older one that never got inked and was left at its pencil stage.

Gotta love harpies....I mean, what's better than fighting half naked ugly bird ladies?

HarpyValleyPTAnew.jpg

Keep em' coming people!

Meatboy

First Post
@fraisala
Good job with the displacer beast. I never understood why they went to the emaciated alien look too much. I think yours captures the original feel better.

@ Glad27

Glad you like the pics thanks for adding to the collection. Yep harpy's are cool and so is the picture. As for you question
...what's better than fighting half naked ugly bird ladies?
I would have to say fighting HOT naked bird ladies... perhaps?

brianbuck

First Post

Well, here's he new Grell doodle. I think this one turned out better. If I can get my damn scanner to work for longer than 2 minutes I'll post the Chuul doodle. What monster should I do next?

Meatboy

First Post
I concur brianbuck that the 2nd grell is a better composition than the first. The Chuul is awesome too. One of my first campaigns ever featured a chuul and I nearly slaughtered the party. :S.... as for what to draw next... How bout an otyugh? There are suitably DnD centric monsters!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads