MM2 Preview Starspawn

Phaezen

First Post
Todays Preview is up

Consider me sold on MM2 after this preview. This is one tasty monster to throw at a party.

I am really enjoying the oldschool CoC style horror elements that 4e is full of. From the Far Realm, The Starlock/Starpawn elements and other things like that.

ppaladin123

Adventurer
Todays Preview is up

Consider me sold on MM2 after this preview. This is one tasty monster to throw at a party.

I am really enjoying the oldschool CoC style horror elements that 4e is full of. From the Far Realm, The Starlock/Starpawn elements and other things like that.

I like that these are the very same beings that star warlocks derive power from. Caiphon, Acamar, Hadar, Gibbeth, Zhudun, etc. show up in the names of warlock spells/curses. I'd love it if these guys out as epic level threats. Imagine what happens when a star-warlock is forced to fight his patron. :)

Mentat55

First Post
For some reason I really dig that this is a controller monster that only deals ongoing damage. And it just feels like a black hole, with that aura and Corpse Star's Grip.

Phaezen

First Post
I like that these are the very same beings that star warlocks derive power from. Caiphon, Acamar, Hadar, Gibbeth, Zhudun, etc. show up in the names of warlock spells/curses. I'd love it if these guys out as epic level threats. Imagine what happens when a star-warlock is forced to fight his patron. :)

I am actually really liking that even though there isn't a default setting, the fluff is consistant between the various sourcebooks.

For some reason I really dig that this is a controller monster that only deals ongoing damage. And it just feels like a black hole, with that aura and Corpse Star's Grip.

Mobile, non teleporty characters will hate running into a line of 2 or 3 of these... Especialy when the auras start kicking in and expanding.

FourthBear

First Post
The stars are living creatures on D&D?
Some appear to be. In the background on the star pact for warlocks, it appears that at least some stars have some kind of sentience, although the ones seen described vaguely so far appear to be alien and frequently sinister. I don't believe I've seen anything that indicates that all stars are sentient.

Nebulous

Legend
Whoa. That was is badass! Now, is all that fluff ALSO in the MM, or is that just there for the Dragon article. That stuff needs to be in the book! Regardless, i totally dig its powers. That is one scary monster. I was excited about the MM2 anyway but now i really am. And there's another use for that stupid Nightwalker mini i've never used :devil:

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
I am actually really liking that even though there isn't a default setting, the fluff is consistant between the various sourcebooks.

I'm developing the opinion that 4e actually has the strongest default setting ever, because so much crunch is associated with the default setting... it might not have a name, but in every other respect...

Cheers!

Remove ads