[MnM] Just launched my new superhero mini-campaign

Breakstone

First Post
Sounds like a blast, Piratecat! I still have yet to find a group who is willing to play as Superheroes (heroes, mind you, not villains or Punisher-esque anti-heroes), but one of these days I plan on running a full-on, cheesey, fun as heck Mutanst & Masterminds campaign!

So what heroes did your players make?

Vrylakos

First Post
Teflon Billy said:
Hey PC,

let me know if you want some optimized NPCS from my Cascade City campaign setting.

I'll include brief tutorials on how to run the characters.

Your PC's will have to fight hard and smart.

Heya, TB!
I'm always interested in MnM character builds and tactics! If it's not too much to ask, could you email me a copy of your work? I'm at vrylakos AT gmail dot com...

If not, no big.

BTW: The 1st Appearance pdfs from Blue Devil are really some GREAT value - quality stuff! Enough so that I will buy future BDG products sight unseen!

Thanks!
Vrylakos

The Mormodillo looks like Splinters nerdier cousin. :p

Thanks for the kind words, Vrylakos. Glad you've enjoyed the 1st Appearance stuff. With Dawning Star finally done, I can work on getting our next two supplements finished: Wheelman and The Bronx Bomb.

SWBaxter

First Post
Piratecat said:
- It's hard to hurt heroes with protection. That's both really cool and a little frustrating. I need to optimize some of my villians to inflict pain.

One of the first times I ran an M&M fight, I ran a couple of heroes in a running battle against a bad guy who was essentially the Hulk - higher power level, really strong, scads of Protection. The heroes ended up using another of your observations...

Piratecat said:
- Having the super-strong character throw a bomb into space is deeply satisfying in a way I can't quite explain.

... to resolve the situation. Wannabe-Hulk could jump, but not fly; the two PCs (one a Superman dude, the other an Iron Man type) tossed him into orbit when they found they couldn't stop him any other way. It was a lot of fun. The system has a few warts, but nothing that can't be worked out.

ledded

Herder of monkies
Sounds like great fun Piratecat.

I too love the liberal use of comics standbys in game, if you play with anyone who is even a remote comics reader from way back it's so easy to put things into an understandable perspective, and to generate a nice feel for the game that everyone can easily "get". I've loved running/playing in our supers games, though we havent used M&M (which I should check out one day).

We are currently running a side campaign that we are calling the "Centurions", which is a string of loosely-connected stories (issues), each one covering an event that happens within a 5-year timespan of history, starting with the year 1900 when the "event" caused people to start manifesting super powers. We try to mix in pulp coolness and real world events/people with just enough spin to feel like "it could have happenned that way". Each issue is not supposed to be more than 2 game sessions. This way we can get other players to pick up a night or two with a simple story and let our main GM and me take a little break from time to time. It's been fun so far. We've fought the Chichester gang in New York, went to work for Teddy Roosevelt, met Einstein and Edgar Rice Burroughs, fought Prussians in hot-air balloons and accidentally killed Tarzan.

Remove ads