MnM Ranked Feat Caps

DanMcS

Explorer
Maybe I missed this in the book. Some ranked feats are limited by what they improve, and note so in their text- attack focus is limited by your PL attack maximum, for example. Those are easy to figure out.

Another feat, like Improved Disarm, gives +2 to disarm attacks per rank. Is the number of ranks limited by anything, PL maybe (a PL 10 character can only have 10 ranks in any feat)? It improves your attack rolls, so I could see how it could be limited by your attack maximum, eg if you have BAB +6 and your PL max is +10 to attack, you can only have 2 ranks in Improved Disarm. However, other feats that work that way say so explicitly.

Yet another type of feat is one that is ranked but not linked to any PL-capped trait, like Minions. Is that capped by power level?

Kenson

First Post
DanMcS said:
Another feat, like Improved Disarm, gives +2 to disarm attacks per rank. Is the number of ranks limited by anything, PL maybe (a PL 10 character can only have 10 ranks in any feat)? It improves your attack rolls, so I could see how it could be limited by your attack maximum, eg if you have BAB +6 and your PL max is +10 to attack, you can only have 2 ranks in Improved Disarm.
That's correct and is the case.

Yet another type of feat is one that is ranked but not linked to any PL-capped trait, like Minions. Is that capped by power level?
No, although it can be if the GM so desires. The minions themselves are certainly limited by the campaign's power level, and Gamemasters may wish to place additional restrictions on player-controlled minions (truthfully, I tend to ban player-controlled minions in my own games without a very good concept that justifies them; they're something of hassle in play).

Remove ads