Modding a Lego Minifig For Kids

Nytmare

David Jose
I know I'll probably be better off going straight to a minis sculpting site, but I figured I'd try here first.

My sister very cleverly pumps her kids for gift ideas by eavesdropping on their wishes at water fountains at the mall. Unfortunately, the top wish on my nephew's list is a Lego minifig of the Abomination, a Marvel supervillain that only exists in Lego video games. Thankfully she has a crafty older brother who she can usually depend on to build nonexistent props/toys/Halloween costumes.

My initial thought was to just grab a minifig of The Hulk, and carve/sculpt the Abomination over top. Then I started thinking about my nephew and niece chewing on the thing and started to wonder what I was going to use as a sculpting medium. I know that there are non toxic plumber's putties out there, but I don't have any experience sculpting minis in anything but milliput and green plumber's putty.

Any sculptors or modders out there who have experience with a good non toxic, no-bake putty? If it comes down to it, I can sculpt, mold, and recast the fig in plastic, but I was hoping to do it quick and dirty.

Li Shenron

Legend
You are so much better off asking this in a Lego forum! :)

The best out there is www.eurobricks.com, consider it the Lego equivalent of ENWorld for D&D, quality- and quantity-wise. They have a subforum for customizing/printing/sculpting minifigs and other parts.

Janx

Hero
there's a book published on the topic of modding mini-figs. I saw it at a booth at a local big comic convention.

Plus that forum.

I would not use plumber's putty, there's chemical stuff in there.

Remove ads