Moderation Clarification: Is there a change of policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Well that certainly escalated quickly.

I’m sad to see Lowkey go, as I like him, but it’s entirely his decision. He’s not banned, and he’s welcome back.

We have historically given him some leeway when he’s exhibited impatience and frustration with other posters. He is very much not ‘picked on’; rather the opposite.

And we certainly don’t need a dogpile on either him or the moderators right now. We’re all stressed right now, dealing with vulnerable family members during a pandemic, and locked in our homes. I think it’s incumbent on us all to show a little patience with others at this time.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
The line that's just appeared through lowkey's name on his posts etc. - is that a system-generated thing when someone closes their account, or is that something he did, or that was done by you or another mod?

Asking because I've never seen it before.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The line that's just appeared through lowkey's name on his posts etc. - is that a system-generated thing when someone closes their account, or is that something he did, or that was done by you or another mod?

Asking because I've never seen it before.
Yep, he’s deleted his account.

DammitVictor

Trust the Fungus
Supporter
Thank you for explaining: when I saw the "boot", it wasn't clear it was just from the thread -- I had assumed it was from ENworld as a whole. But I now see you use the terminology "ban" for that.

lowkey13 made the same mistake, which was key to this whole sorry affair.

PabloM

Adventurer
Honestly, it seems to me that saying "I use sarcasm" or "they know I am joking" does not exclude you from being considerate of the thoughts of others, which, in my personal experience with Lowkey in this forum, he usually doesn´t have
I understand when he makes jokes about gnomes, paladins or 2e, but many times the line of the joke is blurred and obviously it is not so clear.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
OK, I don’t think we need to talk about somebody who is no longer here. I’ll close the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads