Modern Minis

BiggusGeekus@Work

Community Supporter
Our d20 Modern game is getting off the ground. What do people sugest for minis and/or counters? Note that I prefer cheap minis over nice, expensive ones. Counters would be ideal.

Shallown

First Post
Fiery Dragon will have out a set of Modern counters sometime soon. Next few months.

I use old shadowrun and cyberpunk minis for modern games. Not perfect but they work.

Cheap minis may be a problem. You can always look in toy stores and such. Repainting plastic soldiers might be useful.

Just a few ideas.

later

garyh

First Post
What? You mean your Modern Strong hero isn't a short, squat guy who uses a great axe? And your Smart hero isn't an elderly chap, with a long gray beard and a pointy hat?

;)

Seriously, I agree that right now there's not much out there. The only thing I can think of is that if you're running a military/near-future sci-fi game, some of the tamer Warhammer 40K minis might work.

Someone needs to make a mini of a guy in jeans with a baseball cap. :)

BiggusGeekus@Work

Community Supporter
Its good to know that counters are coming out. If Shadowrun minis are on sale locally I'll pick some up. Other wise we'll just use Monopoly pieces or something.

"My hat attacks the race car with a machine gun! Brraaaaap!"

[

Someone needs to make a mini of a guy in jeans with a baseball cap. :) [/B][/QUOTE]

Did one. Mania for Champions game. I used a SuperFigs assassin figure, green-stuffed (hobby putty by Citedal Games) his face and pant legs. Cut a ballcap bill and with putty and glue attached it with a minicom onto his head. Then I took a Space Marines gun, added another inch of barrel to it and attached to his hand. It looks awesome and if I had to means to show it to you folks I would.

cerberus2112

First Post
Try Foundry

Foundry has some good minis, including a SWAT team and street punks. It's a little pricy, and made of honest to god, actual lead, but its an option.

garyh

First Post
megamania said:
Did one. Mania for Champions game. I used a SuperFigs assassin figure, green-stuffed (hobby putty by Citedal Games) his face and pant legs. Cut a ballcap bill and with putty and glue attached it with a minicom onto his head. Then I took a Space Marines gun, added another inch of barrel to it and attached to his hand. It looks awesome and if I had to means to show it to you folks I would.

Say, I don't suppose you've got a mass production line in you basement? :)

Modern D20 figures....

War Hammer
Superfigs (minted by Ol' Glory Games I believe)
Hero Clix (repaint and attach to different base)
Vor (Ral Partha)
I-kore

and then just search around a bit. I have dozens of "modern" figures but done by small press dealers that may or may not still exist.

garyh

First Post
Re: Try Foundry

cerberus2112 said:
Foundry has some good minis, including a SWAT team and street punks. It's a little pricy, and made of honest to god, actual lead, but its an option.

Got a link?

Remove ads