• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mods, please move to General! Thanks (Siege of Durgam's Folly spoilers)

StalkingBlue

First Post
All right. I'm planning to run the module for a group that is heavily armed and rather light on the roleplay (so we should be fine). There's no review up yet, so ...

Have any of you already run the adventure, played in it, or read and shelved it? Any comments, war stories, or other advice welcome.

In case it matters, the group fluctuates rather more than my usual group, so the actual party makeup for this adventure is a bit hard to predict; but I'm counting on the following:

Barbarian 6
Fighter 4/Sorceror 3
Druid 6
Rogue 6
plus one or two more level 6 characters

My first impression of the module is that I want to make certain changes ...

s-p-o-i-l-e-r-s-
Even taking into account the chaotic personalities of the current above-ground "squatters'", fort security appears a bit lax to me. I'm considering to have the gate closed and more guards about at least if the scouts manage to report the arrival of the caravan.

If I also spread the "squatters" out in groups rather than all together in one place, will I be setting the party up for a TPK if foes (potentially) start pouring out from various directions, possibly cutting off escape routes and so forth?

Also, I'd think I'll place a few drones in hiding throughout the fort, to keep a tab on the unruly "squatter" population.

Finally, my impression is that there is an inordinate amount of treasure about. I haven't really summed it up yet, so I may be wrong.

- spoilers end -

Last edited:

Remove ads