• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Monday) History in Your Game (Divinations)

Turanil

First Post
fusangite said:
It's a university course essay so it's not that reader-friendly. My advice: skip the historiographic section and go directly to the point where I start talking about Propaedeumata.
Because you think "Propaedeumata " is "reader friendly"??? :p

Khairn

First Post
Great links Alsih2o!

I especially like the idea of divination through fire -Pyromancy. My players secondary antagonist (a deranged & twisted magi who suffers burns that will not heal) has been "caressed by the burning Truth" and has dedicated himself to the cleansing flame. I was using him strictly as magical muscle, but after reading through those links, I can now see a new direction for him.

Great job, and thanks!

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
There's some interesting plot hooks in this. What about an evil diviner who uses familiaromancy for his REALLY special divinations. . . you know, the reading of the innards of a wizard's familiar? Apparently the inherent magical nature of the creatures makes the foretelling much more accurate than normal. Now, if only the heroes hadn't come into town with their familiars in tow. . .

Henry

Autoexreginated
All of a sudden, I'm getting images of the Priests of Nerull or Malar, fearing that some big cataclysm is coming, need to practice Anthropomancy or Sindaromancy (reading of Elven entrails???) to fortell what this event is and what they should do about it. So suddenly, there's a rash of human or elven disappearances in town...

Remove ads