D&D 4E Mongoose and 4e?

JoeGKushner

First Post
Anyone know what the old Mongoose's plans are for 4e?

I can see them updating their Slayer's Guides quite easily as there was little crunch there to begin with.

However, as they have several great sword and sorcery gems, and one of the things we've seen about 4e is a reduction of magic and more inherent abilities, I'd love to see Eternal Champion and other d20 adaptions of materials they have.

dmccoy1693

Adventurer
JoeGKushner said:
Anyone know what the old Mongoose's plans are for 4e?

They announced earlier this year that they're done coming up with new stuff for d20. The few games that they have that are still d20 are slowly going to be converted to house systems (RuneQuest, Traveller). I think 2E B5 was the last new thing that they put out (save flaming cobra products) that will be d20.

HeinorNY

First Post
They announced earlier this year that they're done coming up with new stuff for d20. The few games that they have that are still d20 are slowly going to be converted to house systems (RuneQuest, Traveller). I think 2E B5 was the last new thing that they put out (save flaming cobra products) that will be d20.
Nice, now I can finally completelly forget about Mongoose Publishing's existence... hmm no, they still have Conan d20 :(

Imaro

Legend
Well I, for one, am happy that Mongoose isn't jumping blindly onto the d20 wagon. I have grown to really enjoy their Runequest system (especially for Swords & Sorcery style gaming.), and the more support it gets he happier I am. Besides by giving more support to their house gaming system and less to d20/D&D they can better guard against things like what happened with Conan 2nd edition...released on the coat tails of 4e's announcement and ensure that their product schedule isn't beholden to another publisher's unknown timetable.

I also hold no ill-will for companies like Mongoose and Paizo, who actually want to see the rules before making a commitment to publishing 4th ed. material, I mean that's what a responsible company would do. In fact it's the companies who are swearing to support 4e, sight unseen and as soon as it's out, that I am wary of. I definitely won't be picking up to many of these "first out the door products" regardless of the company since I got my fill of that with 3e.

dmccoy1693

Adventurer
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
No distracting them with 4E until the new Traveler is released, please.

Well... not until the OTU setting book is released and maybe even Starship Troopers ... then distract them all you want.

Just teasing, Matt.

Remove ads