• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mongoose's new RPG License - speculation?

Garnfellow

Explorer
mhensley said:
Yet another version of Traveller? Why not? We already have Gurps Traveller, Hero Traveller, and D20 Traveller.
I would guess it would be, in the style of RuneQuest, an open take on the classic Traveller or maybe MegaTraveller systems. It would be nice to have an open version of CT floating around.

The only thing I could think of that would argue against this would be the (supposedly) imminent release of a new Marc Miller Traveller edition.

yojimbouk

Explorer
mhensley said:
Yet another version of Traveller? Why not? We already have GURPS Traveller, Hero Traveller, and D20 Traveller.

Someone mentioned (either here on RPGnet) that Far Future Enterprises were in negotiations with Mongoose as to the publication of Traveller. I haven't been able to substantiate that but it seems plausible and the nixing of Avenger Enterprises' BRP Traveller (presumably based on OGL RuneQuest) might lend this rumour some weight.

My guess is that Mongoose would produce an OGL Traveller rules system based on Classic Traveller. The OTU, 2300AD and Twilight 2000 would be settings for this system.

Transit

First Post
I'm thinking it's Fallout.

There must be a motive behind Bethesda software suddenly cancelling Glutton Keeper's license to produce a RPG version of the computer game Fallout. And why take back the license if they're not going to do something with it?

With Fallout 3 coming to consoles and PCs in 2008, the time may be ripe for some PnP post-apocalyptic rpg goodness. Maybe even a plastic miniatures game to go with it.

That's my guess, anyway.

Flynn

First Post
Deuce Traveler said:
Battlestar Gallactica

Margaret Weis Productions already has the rights for this one, and they are releasing it at Gen Con this year. At least, that's my understanding. It will use the same engine as the Serenity RPG.

Hope This Helps,
Flynn

Glyfair

Explorer
Flynn said:
Margaret Weis Productions already has the rights for this one, and they are releasing it at Gen Con this year. At least, that's my understanding. It will use the same engine as the Serenity RPG.

And, it isn't "gaming IP" (of course, half the suggestions here aren;t).

Asmor

First Post
I like the Halo idea, and I don't think it's at all far fetched either.

Only other thing I can really think of off the top of my head would be Warhammer 40k, but I'd imagine that GW would go with the same publisher as WFRP if they wanted a 40k game.

Korgoth

First Post
My prediction: it is something they'll ruin because they evidently don't proofread or playtest their work.

I can only hope that when the big announcement comes it's something I don't care about so I don't have to be disappointed.

Remove ads