• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mongoose's new RPG License - speculation?

dmccoy1693

Adventurer
Well here are interesting developments, straight from the mouth of Mongoose Matt over at RPG.net:

http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?t=346855&page=6

Mongoose_Matt on System said:
We have the rights to Tri-Stat - just haven't found anything to do with it yet :)

http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?t=346855&page=8

Mongoose_Matt on Tri-Stat dX said:
It has been a while since I looked over it, so I would have to check the contract. Right now, I would assume rights, rather than ownership. During the latter days of GoO, we accepted the rights to Tri-Stat in lieu of payment (we paid for their last books).

Mongoose_Matt on Setting said:
I will say this (and only once). You will know it when you see it. Whenever these discussions spring up, two or three possible titles consistently get raised. It's one of those.

You won't be disappointed. But you will have to wait.

Mongoose_Matt on Tri-Stat dX said:
Hey, if someone wants to produce Tri-Stat books, we have a nice Flaming Cobra programme already set up for you. We can discuss the licence requirements - it just needs some people with a Good Idea and a little Talent :)

Guesses from the first 4 pages of that thread (that I consider serious) are (and total number of times mentioned):
HALO - 2
GURPS - 1
Rifts - 1
BESM - 2
007 - 1
LotR - 1

Originally Posted by Mongoose_Matt on Setting
I will say this (and only once). You will know it when you see it. Whenever these discussions spring up, two or three possible titles consistently get raised. It's one of those.

You won't be disappointed. But you will have to wait.
Actually, I think Matt was referring to the Grail and not the gaming IP to be revealed on Saturday.

Rykion

Explorer

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads