Monster creation program?

Urklore

First Post
Is there a program out there that will help me in designing my own monsters? For example, figuring out the proper base attacks, skills, hit die by monster type, by stats, etc. And also allow me to enter my own monster types with their own statics and then have the program or excell sheet figure out all the stuff. I wanna create my own monster types and their stastitics and then create monsters from those monster types. It would be so much easier if there was a program that would figure out the average HP, base attacks, saves, skill pts, etc for me.

Grazzt

Demon Lord
There is/was an Excel sheet/prog that someone did that calulated all the stuff for you. I can't recommend it however (at least not the version I tried). The math was off in some places and miscalculated the numbers in some areas (hit points, skill points usually).

Other than that one (which may be better now), there are none that I know of.

MythandLore

First Post
Urklore said:
Is there a program out there that will help me in designing my own monsters? For example, figuring out the proper base attacks, skills, hit die by monster type, by stats, etc. And also allow me to enter my own monster types with their own statics and then have the program or excell sheet figure out all the stuff. I wanna create my own monster types and their stastitics and then create monsters from those monster types. It would be so much easier if there was a program that would figure out the average HP, base attacks, saves, skill pts, etc for me.
Try this:
http://mwtools.thyle.net/race_gen.html
Is that what your talking about?

Grazzt

Demon Lord
Gish Makai said:
Not True. There is a Java based program that does everything for you. I use it when creating or converting monsters.

Ah- didn't know about the java program. Thanks Gish.

Gish Makai

First Post
Sir Brennen said:
I've used this downloadable java program to create monsters:

http://monstereditor.sourceforge.net/index.html

Haven't double-checked the math that closely, but it seems to follow the Dragon article on creating monsters pretty well.

Ah yes...thats the program I was talking about. So far I have encountered nothing wrong in the math department. The only thing I have encountered is that it crashed quite a bit but that may have been due to my OS crashing as well.

Try it...you might like it.

Remove ads