D&D 5E Monster List / Encounter Builder link

Paraxis

Explorer
Why does the multiplier for number of monsters disappear when I have a party size of 6 or more, I can't find that rule? I assume it is just something I missed.

Found it
Larger or Smaller Parties
The preceding guidelines assume that you have a party
consisting of three to five adventurers. If you have one
or two adventurers, use the XP multiplier for the nextlargest
number (so, when fighting a single monster, use
the × 1.5 XP multiplier of a pair of monsters instead),
and use a × 5 multiplier for Hordes. If you have six to
eight adventurers, use the XP multiplier for the nextsmallest
number of monsters (so, when fighting a gang
of monsters, use the × 2 XP modifier of a group of
monsters instead), and use a × .5 multiplier for a single
monster opponent.

I missed that before. Good thing my parties are not that small or large.

Oh and thanks for this a lot, just amazing.

Paraxis

Explorer
Honestly this is so useful I think it should make the front page news of EnWorld. Everyone should know about your wonderful work.

ren1999

First Post
I want to put a link to your encounter generator on my application, if that is o.k. Your name will be on it just as it is in the title of the tracker along with Walter's

Paraxis

Explorer
Asmor, I just want you to know how great this is.

I got into the Dungeonscape beta and have played around with it for maybe 30-40 minutes or so.

I have spent at least an hour and half tonight using your app to help me build encounters, and have shared the link with every other DM I know. I will use this so often you have no idea, the layout and ease of use is just amazing. Thank you for filtering by not just CR, but by type, alignment, and size.

You should seriously talk to the trapdoor technologies people and see if you can work with them because something like this should be apart of Dungeonscape and I can't think of it being any better that what you have done already, except for being able to hover over the monster and see a stat block which is exactly the kind of thing being part of Dungeonscape would allow your program to do.

Remove ads