• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Monster Manual 3 art gallery

Some of the art is fantastic, and I like the potential of a lot of the beasties.

The Yugoloths look terrific, and for what it's worth, the Naztharune Rakshasa looks almost EXACTLY like what I envisioned the panther/leopard were-monks I wrote for Dragon 319 to look like (minus the armor, of course).

Aeolius

Adventurer
83064.jpg

Great...just great, Now I've got "Welcome to the Zoo" from Putt-Putt Saves the Zoo stuck in my head. :D

Ferret

Explorer
Some look awesome (and I mean truely) Others look/I think the monsters will be aweful! Gorilchnind? Thats just a gorilla and an arachnind! I hurts my head!

Dr_Rictus

First Post
Blast. I'm a little distressed to see the return of Kenkus as a separate type of creature from (more properly termed) Tengu. I had vainly hoped that Oriental Adventures had put that nonsense to rest.

Flinds. Yawn.

Maybe some of the (majority) original monsters are interesting, though.

Foundry of Decay

First Post
I have to admit, the art is quite a bit better than some of the previous ventures into monster manuals, however I'm disappointed in the art for the Kenku. I hate to admit it, but the only version I even remotely liked was that of the original fiend folio (By 'Russ' I believe).

Still though, its an interesting collection o' critters, I'm just unsure if I need any more critters. My world is already looking like a starport melting pot than a realistic fantasy world with the huge mix of critters I keep wanting to add. Even the ancient Greeks had their limit of fantastical monsters that lurked around on every blasted Island.

..I admit it. I'll be picking it up though.

..I have the willpower of a dirty potato.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads