• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Monster Manual: Legendary Evils Complete Set!!

Klaus

First Post
I don't understand the hate-on for that pointy nose on the Green Dragon. People don't complain about the Blue Dragon's huge nose horn (which looks a bit weird if you're not used to it), so why are they all up on Green Dragons?
The blue has a rhino-like horn that fits its look. The green has a flimsy nose-spike that doesn't really fit. Granted, it looks better in some depictions, not so much in others.

Shroomy

Adventurer
This month's Dragon features a Bestiary article entitled "Legendary Evils." I didn't make the connection until now, but this article must be in the vein of "Dangers of the Demonweb." I wonder which monsters from this set will get full 4e stats.

But all the minis are not monsters.

Monsters are things that won't wind up being used as players.

Narrow definition but that's what I'm rolling with.
So...you're disagreeing with Mr. Lee because you're using a different definition of "monster" than he is.

Edit: And the reason I say that is because Humans are also a Monster Manual creature. As are Elves, Eladrin, etc... If the only defintion of monster is that it's in the Monster Manual, you're left with EVERYTHING being a monster.
Okay, how about a "monster" being defined as a creature not detailed in a PHB? Now we're back on track.

JoeGKushner

First Post
So...you're disagreeing with Mr. Lee because you're using a different definition of "monster" than he is.

Okay, how about a "monster" being defined as a creature not detailed in a PHB? Now we're back on track.

So the ghalee of winter, an elardin, and in the PHB minotaurs and gith races eh?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads