Monster Mash: Atanatotatos vs. nerdytenor

covaithe

Explorer
Round 6

The beholder, though blind, roasts the spider and troll with uncanny accuracy.

The destrachan leaps back into the fray and emits a crash of sound that stuns the beholder. (ooc: stunned (save ends); the eye ray aura attacks don't fire this turn.)

The goblin's curse fails to affect the beholder.

The troll lays some smack down, but the spider misses.

Initiative

Beholder 123/204, blinded (save ends), marked by troll, stunned (save ends) <== You're up
Destrachan 92/92 -2 to attack rolls (save ends)
Goblin 86/86
Troll 38/70
Spider 59/95
Unicorn dead
Worg dead

Active zones:
  • all enemies within 5 of the beholder at the start of their turns are subject to a random eye ray attack.
  • all allies within 2 of the unicorn gain +2 to defenses
  • vexing cloud: all enemies in the cloud take -2 to attacks; allies in the cloud gain concealment.

Resources used:
  • spider: Prodigious leap, 1 healing surge
  • goblin hexer: vexing cloud
  • destrachan: bellowing blast, reverbate
  • Unicorn: horn touch

[sblock=map]
AtaNerdytenor009.png

[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
ooc:while I wait to see if the Beholder makes its save and can act next turn, I'll post mine.

The Destrachan roars again, but its sound lance doesn't reach the beholder this time, but the creature has finally shaken off its fear.

[size=-2]bellowing blast recharged, sound pulse 25 vs Ref, 13 dmg, save made[/size]

Adjust your aim, Bellow!! We have to finish it before it can recover! shouts the goblin while cursing the monster again.

[size=-2]blinding hex: 30 vs For, 12 dmg, Stealth 17; I think the beholder is blinded twice? sustain vexing cloud, [sblock=cov]move to AA-35[/sblock][/size]

The Troll continues to mercilessly hack at the beholder, and knock it on the ground with a powerful sweeping slash.

[size=-2]sweeping strike 29 vs AC, 15 dmg, knock prone. Stealth 20[sblock=cov]shift 1 square NE[/sblock][/size]

The sider relentlessly attacks with its bite-and-run tactics, but it still cannot penetrate the Beholder's flesh.

[size=-2]death from above:20 vs AC, 15 dmg etc, Stealth 26, [sblock=cov]move to AG-45[/sblock][/size]

Atanatotatos

First Post
ooc: then I guess it's alright if I go and act again to speed things up. After all I think I pretty much know what hit the beholder last turn and what not.

The Destrachan moves right next to the Beholder and releases a sound blast at point-blank range.

[size=-2][sblock=cov]move 1 square SW. Being adjacent negates penalty on ranged attacks vs prone opponents[/sblock] sound pulse: 29 vs Ref, 17 dmg [/size]

That's it, my precious! exults the goblin, and proceeds to further curse the Beholder.

[size=-2]blinding hex: 28 vs For, 15 dmg, comprehensive of penalty for prone, Stealth 16; sustain vexing cloud[/size]

The Troll swings his greatsword again, but relaxed by the enemy's disadvantage, misses by a large margin.

[size=-2]Greatsword: 23 vs AC, 10 dmg and Beholder is marked[/size]

The spider jumps again at the Beholder, but it seems there's no way it'll pierce its skin.

[size=-2]death from above: natural 1, stealth 28; move back to [sblock=cov]AG-45[/sblock][/size]

covaithe

Explorer
Round 7

The beholder floats there, stunned.

The destrachan's sound pulse barely misses. It shakes off its fear.

The goblin curses the beholder again. It moves south, making lots of noise. (ooc: Everything I can find about multiple conditions of the same kind, such as this, suggests that the beholder only needs to save once against blindness, no matter how many times it was blinded. Stealth fails; with the -5 for moving more than 2 squares, beholder knows exact position.)

The troll knocks the beholder down and moves around somewhere nearby, to the northwest. (ooc: and regen 10. beholder is bloodied. Stealth fails, beholder knows direction but not exact position.)

The spider fails to bite the beholder, but disappears from its senses. (ooc: stealth succeeds, beholder has no idea where the spider is)

Initiative

Beholder 96/204, bloodied, blinded (save ends), marked by troll, stunned (save ends) <== You're up
Destrachan 92/92
Goblin 86/86
Troll 48/70
Spider 59/95, stealthed
Unicorn dead
Worg dead

Active zones:
  • all enemies within 5 of the beholder at the start of their turns are subject to a random eye ray attack.
  • all allies within 2 of the unicorn gain +2 to defenses
  • vexing cloud: all enemies in the cloud take -2 to attacks; allies in the cloud gain concealment.

Resources used:
  • spider: Prodigious leap, 1 healing surge
  • goblin hexer: vexing cloud
  • destrachan: bellowing blast, reverbate
  • Unicorn: horn touch

[sblock=map]
AtaNerdytenor010.png

[/sblock]

ooc: Ata, can you please hold off on posting actions for rounds before it's your turn? This combat already makes my head hurt enough without trying to figure out which round's actions to apply. :)

Last edited:

Atanatotatos

First Post
ooc:I'm sorry cov. I will do so. However my next round is already posted. So I guess nerdy should post two rounds: one in which the beholder will not act, and rolls saves; and another in which it will act if it's made the saves. Right?

Last edited:

nerdytenor

First Post
OOC: I already rolled saves for round 7 and failed both. As far as I can tell, two things happen for beholder - first of all, it has an immediate reaction from being bloodied. Second, he rolls two saves for round 8. Third, if he saves against stunned, he gets to make his auto attacks.

nerdytenor

First Post
Wounded and angry, Bill spews fire in a great circle around himself.

Bill swoons and spins in place, stunned no longer, but still blind.

OOC: No aura/aoe penalties included as per usual:

Fiery Burst immediate reaction from beholder. Not clear if blindness or stunned should effect this. Anyway, here are rolls with no penalty if it applies at all (rolls look pretty hideous at any rate - nat 2, 4, 8 and 9) . Only affects close blast 2, so ignore targets out of range:
16 damage.
Hits dest ref 19
Hits troll ref 21
Hits spider ref 25
Hits goblin ref 26

Bill saves vs stunned, fails save vs blind.

- I think spider and goblin are safe from random attacks
Random attacks vs des fear, troll fire both miss

Last edited:

Atanatotatos

First Post
ooc:uh... nope. Correct me if I'm wrong. It was your turn, but knowing you wouldn't act since the Beholder was stunned, I posted my turn, which should actually have followed your last post (where you failed your saves). I did the same thing then, so you have to roll the saves to see if you can act the turn AFTER my last post(round 8). And, however, the bloodied power does not trigger because a stunned creature gets no action, not even a free one(which the power is).

Last edited:

nerdytenor

First Post
OOC:
Ah, whoops we re: bloodied reaction. Not like it matters, since my rolls were so poor.

I will say this - if you complain about your rolls, you'll be in deep trouble mister. ;) Been blinded for what is it, four rounds now? Heh. A blind beholder walks into a bar...

Remove ads