Monster Mash: CaBaNa vs. the dragon

CaBaNa

First Post

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: sorry, I've got... well, various excuses, but I'm generally slow right now. I'll do my best...

Round 23

The circus returns to more conventional tactics, hammering away at the dragon. Only Red draws blood, though, with a powerful beam of flame.

The dragon claws at Perky again, drawing blood with one claw. (fail breath recharge. Draconic fury vs. Perky, hits once for 13 damage. Perky is bloodied again.)

Initiative

Shifty the Adept 21/58, bloodied <== You're up
Skull Lord 45/45, 10 cold resist
Zingy the Mote dead
Mortimer the Thrall 1/1
Ringmaster Red 128/128, 10 cold resist
Pack Zombie 9
Pack Zombie 10
Pack Zombie 11
Pack Zombie 12
Pack Zombie 1
Pack Zombie 2
Pack Zombie 3
Pack Zombie 4
Pack Zombie 5
Pack Zombie 6
Pack Zombie 7
Pack Zombie 8
Kalad The Paladin 54/54, 10 cold resist
Perky the Arcanist 22/46, 10 cold resist, bloodied
Dragon 144/408, bloodied
Gibberling Bunch dead

Zones in effect:
  • burst 3 around O29: the circus gets +1 AC
  • undead allies within 2 of Skull Lord get regeneration 5 and +2 to saves
  • all allies within 5 of Gnome arcanist have concealment

Resources used:
Ringmaster Red: Call of the Grave, Fireball
Kalad: AP, Sacred circle, Divine Strength
Shifty:
Dragon: APx2, frightening presence, breath
Perky: Fey step, Fade Away

[sblock=map]
CabanaDragon026.png
[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
[sblock=OOC]

Shifty Pact Bound Adept
move K28
Standard healing burst centered on K30, (fixing up perky)
minor shift L27

Skull Lord
Standard Total defense
Minor Skull of Withering Flame 35 to hit fort for 11 fire and necrotic damage

Flame Skull Death Master
Flame ray on dragon 12 to hit reflex for 14 fire damage

PZ
Standard ready action move to replace any ally the dragon kills.
(will also use lurching sacrifice if possible)

Kalad the Paladin
standard greataxe on dragon 20 to hit AC for 6 damage

Perky Gnome Arcanist
Total Defense

[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
The dragon bows his head, exhausted and in pain. "So, tell me more about this circus of yours. Perhaps I was too hasty in refusing your offer. Is there treasure involved?"

ooc: I'm ready to call this fight. There's no realistic way for the dragon to win unless you make big mistakes, which you show no signs of doing, or the dice turn decidedly in my favor. Well fought!

CaBaNa

First Post
Treasure for certain, you would be "His Majesty, The Dragon King of Ice!", center ring, no autographs.

Instead we will have the audience bring one item they would like "Frozen as the Wild Tundra" one breathe a night on a few trinkets. Keeps you free and we don't need to corral the Small Car Troop away from the kiddies as long.

I'm sure we can make a spectacle of the local farmers bringing you some nice lamb to eat as well!

Ringmaster Red drones on, and on, about the money making opportunity, and how famous the circus will soon be.

We can also do a special show "Undead on Ice!"

The Drum Major thaws the rest of the troop, paying particular attention to the Gibberling Bunch Band, who had been stepped on later in the fight, and now have a bent trombone.

[sblock=OOC]
Thanks for shortening the grind time down.

I was hoping to have the fight end with the intimidate roll, all he needed was a 4, however it/he rolled a 2.

Your effort on this has been much appreciated, sorry to have held the rest of group 1 up for so long.:blush:

Another big thanks for taking me through my first ever PbP battle, I learned SO much, rules, strategy, encounter building... Between this and the Hoofchew behind the scenes, I'd say you have a DM training camp:), The only piece missing is a map tutorial. Which I think has been added to Hoofchew since I last peeked.

[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
Thanks for the kind words. No worries from me about holding things up; to be honest, I needed the break. And yeah, ending it with intimidate would have been cool. :)

Remove ads