First Post
yeti.png

sentry.png

ice craw.png

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Great! I like how you're being more adventurous with the stats!

The sonic rocket launcher is intriguing. Is that a grenade launcher with a sonic grenade or a new weapon (I'm on my phone and don't have the playtest doc handy).

The breath weapon damage should be END based. Sub in END for STR on the natural damage table.

I really like these. I'd use both. We may have to discuss my using your creations at some point!

(You need to square the XP values - there's a new XP system in a thread here. I can't wait to get all these various changes out to everybody on a single document!)

LucasC

First Post
It's just a sonic grenade on grenade launcher called a rocket launcher with a long range. The notation on area effect needs to be cleaned up. It works for me but no one else since it's not defined anywhere and is some sort of intermixture of AE notations from other games I've played.

LucasC

First Post
I really like these. I'd use both. We may have to discuss my using your creations at some point!

Sure thing, drop me an email or a PM anytime.

(You need to square the XP values - there's a new XP system in a thread here. I can't wait to get all these various changes out to everybody on a single document!)

Do I understand this right? If I square the yeti's XP it will go from being 30 to 900 right (30*30)?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Do I understand this right? If I square the yeti's XP it will go from being 30 to 900 right (30*30)?

Yup. There's a general expansion of XP to allow for greater granularity. There's an new table for creature level based on that, too - there's a thread about it here, but I 'm on my phone (as I often seem to be!) It puts a top end critter like a dragon at levels 14-15ish. A human commoner with 4 in all attributes is level 1.

LucasC

First Post
Was just reading through the thread but wanted to make sure I was understanding it rightly as that's a big departure from the older numbers (I'm too used to seeing 1, 2, 4 or 12 for XP values :)).

Remove ads