• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Monte Cook's Arcana Evolved

2WS-Steve said:
Writing's much more pleasant when you can spend more time developing your ideas and have the freedom to go back and make extensive revisions if needed.

Amen. Although no one's ever accused me (or Mike) at working at a normal pace.

fanboy2000

Adventurer
He's a cultist!

Psion said:
Here I saw Monte had posted and might give us a clue.

No such luck, eh ;)

It should be common knowledge by now that Monte Cook is evil.

Book of Vile Darkness, Call of Cthulhu, Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil, and, of course, the Dungeon Master's Guide. There's obviously a trend here.

In addition to being a caffeine-powered robot, Monte is also the game designer most likely to be a Cthulhu-worshiping cultist. :D

JEL

First Post
2WS-Steve said:
I harbor a foolish hope that Mike or Monte is working on Darkspace...but realise it's foolish because (re?)acquiring the license probably would have generated some news or a press release.

Dark Space was just plain awesome. I'd love to see it get a re-release.

mythusmage said:
Or, it's magic after a century or two of scientific development.

Hmm, which centuries...

...seriously, though, I'm not certain what a century or two of history would mean for the lands of the Diamond Throne.

Though I could picture a sort of magic 'oil boom' as many of the main NPCs seemed to be working on better ways to utilize magical cysts and witching points.

Then again that could just be because I have T Boone Pickens announcement that we've reached the peak oil years on my brain.

Tharen the Damned

First Post
Hmm,

as a lurker on Montes Boards I remember his Poll for a super-mega adventure, bringing the PCs from 1st-20th lvl.

That might be the big work Mike is on...

As to Arcana evolved, well, Monte and Mike listen to the Players. There were so many Ideas for New Witches, Champion Causes.
New Feats and so on, Runes for Runethanes and so on.
But Malhavoc Press wouldn´t be Malhavoc Press if there wouldn´t be something new and fresh.
So I think we just have to wait...

I would also guess for an Epic Level handbook. A revision is not really neccessary, and wouldn´t certainly require a full book. (It could be a web enhancement!)
I am not sure if I`d ever need Epic Level rules for AU, but I can only guess that whatever Monte would be doing there is better than what we have :)

Or it is something completely different... :) We´ll see.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads