• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Monte Cook's new Dungeonaday.com?

catsclaw227

First Post
Well, I just signed up as a charter member. I am putting my trust in good ol' Monte to give me some good ideas, encounters, rooms and such.

I may be doing looking at these encounters with 4e in mind, so I might be sharing my thoughts on the forums. I might even need to make some tweaks for 4e to the map areas and I'll share this with others as well.

Of course, this all means that I need to make the time to do it.... (no committments yet).

Evil-B

First Post
Gentlemen, I like dungeons.

Gentlemen, I like dungeons.

Gentlemen, I love dungeons!

I like dark and musty tombs. I like dank sewers. I like mysterious temples. I like forbidden jungles. I like haunted manors. I like eldritch ruins. I like foreboding castles. I like monster infested forests. I like underwater caverns.

In moors, on highways, in trenches, in plains, on tundra, in desert, on sea, in sky, in mud, in marshes, I love every aspect of dungeons that takes place on your choice of setting.

I like blowing away the enemy with the thunderous roar of a line of sorcerers throwing fireballs all at once. When an enemy is shot to pieces after being thrown high in the air, my heart dances. I like crushing the enemy wizards with the divine power on our priests. When I mowed down the enemy who fled screaming from the burning war horse with an magic missiles, my heart leapt.

I like it when fighters plow through the enemy's lines with their long swords all in line. I remember being moved when seeing new level ones, filled with panic, stabbing an already dead kobold again and again...

Seeing an AD&D thief being strung from a lamppost in the street is unendurably exciting. Seeing a captive be coup de graced with a piercing shriek as my own hand falls was spectacular.

When the pitiful resistance came bravely with their small short bows, and we destroyed them and a good chunk of the city with the metamagic'd Maw of Chaos, I was at my height.

I like it when we are destroyed with the morning dew. It is a sad thing when the town one is supposed to protect is trampled, and the women and children violated and killed. I like being squashed and destroyed by the goblin and the kobold's amount of material resources. Being followed by goblin and kobold forces and having to crawl around on the ground like a pesky insect is the ultimate disgrace.

Gentlemen, I desire a dungeon that is like hell! Gentlemen, my companions in the forums, who follow me...gentlemen, what do you desire? Do you desire dungeon as well? Do you desire a dungeon of no mercy? Do you desire a conflict that stretches the limits of iron, wind, lightning and fire to the limit, one that will kill all the NPCs in this setting?

Very will then, we shall have Dungeonaday!

I've got nothing substantial to add here, except that I'm a little scared that I immediately got the Hellsing reference..

Erik Mona

Adventurer
Just purchased a quarterly subscription. If it is as good as Monte's past work, I'm not going to regret it at all. If the final Pathfinder RPG were out now, I could drag my son's group from 4e and start this dungeon crawl sooner...

We're getting closer!

Jason Bulmahn's primary design on the Pathfinder RPG is over, and the book is now in layout and editing. In a little more than a month, it will be at the printer!

--Erik Mona
Publisher
Paizo Publishing, LLC

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
No problems on my side of the screen either. I am on Firefox 3.0.7 myself.

I really have no idea why I can't post to his forums. I even tried from IE also, but the exact same thing happened.

Monte's been great about trying to help me out. He got back to me real fast when I emailed him about what was happening, but neither he nor I are sure what's going on in this regard, and it's frustrating because I really want to post in the forums there. :.-(

JoeGKushner

First Post
I"m going to hold off for a while.

I suspect at some point we'll see some type of print compilation and if by that point my group wants do to some 'retro' gaming, I may look into it.

It it was half the price for the monthly I might've scribbed for a month just to mess around with it.

I'm the type of 'electronic' reader with DDI who goes to Dragon and Dungeon once a month and downloads the compiled PDF.

This sounds very interesting but the game system and the format are not a fit for me.

Noumenon

First Post
Edit: This post is dumb because you don't have to subscribe for a full year if you don't want to.

The only thing that isn't as awesome as I thought it would be is the pricing. $7 a month, autodeduct from my credit card? I'd be signed up already. $84, up front? I could buy something else with that. I don't think I'd start playing World of Warcraft either if they told me it was $180 to start instead of $15/month.

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
You can pay for it quarterly for I think it was 27$ and have it come off automatically (or monthly, but at a higher rate ($10)), though the yearly price is going to rise to $96 after a while.

I'm not sure that he is planning on doing a compilation (he has replied that he isn't in the member forums). The idea is that the site is a platform for using during the planning or even during the session rather than in a compiled format.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads