• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Monte Cook's Ptolus City By The Spire

Psion

Adventurer
I bought the first issue at dtrpg.

Honestly, it didn't do much for me. Art was nice, but I found the story not too enthusing.

Ghostwind

First Post
Marvel is now distributing it and I'm hooked on it. It's not as good as the one-shot Eberron comic that Keith Baker did for Devil's Due, but it's entertaining nonetheless. Worth the money, imo. :)

Cthulhudrew

First Post
I bought the second issue a week or so ago (couldn't find the first at my regular comic shop). I generally make it a habit to always pick up at least one issue of any fantasy-related comic, for various reasons (supporting the industry, personal research, potential entertainment).

I have to echo Psion's thoughts, sadly. The issue didn't really wow me, so I don't think I'll be picking any more of them up. The characters were kind of bland, the artwork was only so-so. I think it has some potential, but it just didn't grab me enough to continue.

If I get a chance, I'll post a more thorough review later tonight.

Remove ads