Monte's Sorceror Variant

Crothian

First Post
Skywalker said:
Yup you need to buy BOEM2. However on the up side you get a Bard Variant that is more interesting than either Monte's Bard or Ranger Variants.

You get a Bard that's more interesting then the Bard? :)

I'll assume you mean the Bard is more interesting then the Sorcerer? I agree with that statement 100%.

Skywalker

Adventurer
Having thought over the new Sorceror overnight I think it is balanced.

It detracts away from the Sorceror's spell castin ability. In return he gets slightly more non-spell orientated advantages.

This makes the Wizard even more the "spell casting" class.

The only thing I would do is not increase the Sorceror's spells known. The rest is cool.

Olive

Explorer
i think i need advice on how to extend the sorcerors spell list, so as to include some stuff from things like relics and rituals, magic fo faerun etc...

anyone?

drnuncheon

Explorer
Olive said:
i think i need advice on how to extend the sorcerors spell list, so as to include some stuff from things like relics and rituals, magic fo faerun etc...

anyone?

Sure. It looks like Monte's train of thought was something like this:

If it's very direct, almost brute-force, it's on the list.

If it's slow and subtle, it's off entirely.

If the prospect of casting it a jillion times a day makes you drool (haste, invisibility), it's bumped up a level.

Anyone have a full list of the changes? That would probably help more than anything else.

J

Victim

First Post
Spells that are almost entirel based around components are removed from the list. No Tenser's, or his new Call of Gem line of spells.

Haste, invisibility and polymorph effects are bumped up, as are shield and antimagic field. Ethereal spells are also increased in level.

Skywalker

Adventurer
I believe Monte is going to be putting an article on his site addressing this very issue and providing lots of guidelines as to the new spell list.

Remove ads