D&D 5E Mordenkainen Presents: Monsters of the Multiverse Alt cover?

Weiley31

Legend
So is Mordenkainen Presents: Monsters of the Multiverse getting an Alt cover version for my FLGS?

Good question!
Part of me feels like it may not get an alternative cover and it'll be exclusive to the Alt Rules Gift set. The same thing happened with the PHB/DMG/MM combo set where they got those awesome looking exclusive covers as well and those alt cover versions never came back around individually.

darjr

I crit!
Speaking as a retailer, the answer is "No". The only Alt Cover was the one in the gift set, which is a total shame. We do very well with those alt covers - one of the few things that helps us remain competitive with the likes of Amazon.
This is both disappointing and good to hear.

Do you get enough alt covers, do you think?

FitzTheRuke

Legend
This is both disappointing and good to hear.

Do you get enough alt covers, do you think?

No, they are always allocated (by which I mean, I can order 30 and only get 20 and sell out day one). We continue to sell the regular covers going forward after that, but it would be nice to get what we order. (Nicer still to be able to get reorders, but I understand the point is to "limit" them).

It REALLY sucks when, like Tasha's, the books fall apart (we never got any replacements) or like Stryxhaven, when 3/4 of them had the covers on upside down. (We get the choice between trying to sell them that way or return them, but no replacements).

Remove ads