D&D 5E Mordenkainen's Fiendish Folio Volume 1

WotC has released another in its line of supplements that support the Extra Life charity. This one is entitled Mordenkainen's Fiendish Folio Volume 1: Monsters Malevolent and Benign. You can purchase it on the DMs Guild for US$9.99, with 70% of the price going to support WotC's local Children's Miracle Network Hospital. About the product: Crawling from the darkest recesses of D&D’s history...

WotC has released another in its line of supplements that support the Extra Life charity. This one is entitled Mordenkainen's Fiendish Folio Volume 1: Monsters Malevolent and Benign. You can purchase it on the DMs Guild for US$9.99, with 70% of the price going to support WotC's local Children's Miracle Network Hospital.

About the product: Crawling from the darkest recesses of D&D’s history comes a ferocious menagerie of monsters malevolent and benign! These creatures first appeared in the Fiend Folio for first edition AD&D. Now, thanks to your support of Extra Life, they enter the world of fifth edition D&D.

The monsters included in the supplement are: Assassin Bug, Blindheim, Crab Folk, Dire Corby, Eye of Fear and Flame, Forlarren, Fog Giant, Jermlaine, Kharga, Killmoulis, Mite, Needlefolk, Needle Lord, Norker, Norker War Leader, Screaming Devilkin, Ygorl, and Xill.

About Extra Life: Extra Life unites thousands of gamers around the world to play games in support of their local Children's Miracle Network Hospital. Since its inception in 2008, Extra Life has raised more than $30 million for sick and injured kids. Sign up today and dedicate a day of play for kids in your community!

78728043_10157503124311071_2956098858804838400_o.jpg

pogre

Legend
I loved the Fiend Folio and Norkers probably seals the deal for me.

I hate to nitpik a book for a very worthy cause - however, I am disappointed that Mearls felt the need to drop an f-bomb in the intro in a book set-up to support a charity for the benefit of children.(1)

(1) I know, I know - "O.K. Boomer."

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
Nice. I have not seen inside this yet, but several of those I have recently added to my extensive Populations lists for determining races for places in my world. Everything from forests to cities, to kingdoms.
Glad to see some of those get the 5E treatment :)

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
Might be great if you HAVEN'T heard of any of these creatures too :p

I love plant-folk. I thought the needle spraying blights had needfolk covered though, so interesting to see them here. Who doesn't want crabfolk plaguing their shores too? I wonder if they are like the homarids from one of the MtG Plane Shift articles?

I remember reading that the Xill were originally based on a book that later became the inspiration for Alien. I would love to see a terrifying version of the monster in print.

Remove ads

Remove ads