• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

More about wizards by kunadam

Zurai

First Post
Stat bonuses. Additional spells on the spell list (if spell lists still exist). Altering how frequently you can cast certain spells. Adding options to certain spells. Etc.

Most likely, though, it's a slight mis-statement, which should instead read "wizards can use any instrument to cast any spell with reasonable effectiveness" or something similar.

Smerg

First Post
Rechan said:
Emphasis mine.

I'm really curious how implements differ if you can use the same one to do anything with equal effectiveness.

I like the idea that there will still be a Primary Implement and this will be a 'meaningful' choice for the mage.

It is nice to not look around a group of mages and see them as carbon copies of yourself to beg/borrow/spells from.

Gloombunny

First Post
What I'd hope for is that each wizard chooses a tool, and then she uses only that tool, but the choice influences which spells she's best at. So a wand wizard would get bonuses to wand-related spells when she has her wand, but when she wants to cast an orb spell she'd have to make do without the bonus, and wouldn't even have the option of pulling out an orb to get the bonus.

Rechan

Adventurer
WarlockLord said:
So now male wizards have even more excuses for bad pick-up lines featuring wands and staves.
"Nice Orbs, ma'am."

"Whenever I take them out, I find I have complete control of the battlefield."

Smerg

First Post
Rechan said:
"Nice Orbs, ma'am."

"Whenever I take them out, I find I have complete control of the battlefield."

So how long will it take a player in a campaign to name their Iron Sigil Dwarf mage 'Iron Orbs'?

The opposite effect will though happen on the counter pick-up lines.

'Isn't your wand a bit small for a wizards?'

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads